cdfigueredo

Elite member
Yesterday i made the wing struts, this makes the difference!!!! I use a 6mm thick wood spar and some plastic pieces. I glued the plastic piece to the strut usign super-glue and then covering it with white tape. Both are only 7 - 8g.
1.jpg 2.jpg

For the wing mount as i said before, i used bbq stick with clip pins and a piece of plastic to protect the wing surface.
3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Same thing for the fuselaje mount.
9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

cdfigueredo

Elite member
I must made a mod to the power pod mount, i must to cut a piece to allow the battery move forward to achive a good balance. I am still thinking it won't be enough but it will be less extra weight to add. Also if i change the motor for a heavier one that will allow to achive the right CG by removing the extra weight.
a1.jpg a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg d.jpg

I removed a big piece of the fuselage center piece to access to the servo wires.
e.jpg

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Need help again!!!!
The springs i am using for the landing gear are not strong enough :cautious:. In an ideal world, I would look for stronger springs in a store. But that's impossible for me. Can anyone give me any idea what to use? I have any elastic thread and maybe I can find some rubber? Could I make my own springs? Any ideas?
1.jpg

cdfigueredo

Elite member
I was working on the bottom of my nose yesterday. It's quite stiff and I think you get a good flow of air. The ESC is inserted in the channel you see in the picture, being right in the airstream. I think the cooling will not be a problem at all.
4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

The cowling has yet to be finished, but as it is it should be enough for the inaugural flight. After that, i will finish it.
More picts now :D
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

cdfigueredo

Elite member
I know Josh is always talking about removing excess hot glue because too much doesn't mean it will hold up better, but it will be heavier. But lets gona see it with numbers. I have used 10 hot glue bars in this building (i was counting them) and it is about 100g.
1.jpg
100g just in hot glue. Of course, it is maybe 80-90g because sometimes the gun is leaking and of course, the removed excess.

More updates...
i finished the nose and the intake. Stillneed to make some adjustments but it is done and ready for maiden.
2.jpg 3.jpg

wing lights on :cool::cool::cool: I will power it on with 2AA batteries, 2AA bateries weigt 46g and i have a dead weigh of 42g on the nose to get the balance, so i will replace it with the batteries.
4.jpg 5.jpg

I've been working on the decorations a bit, waiting for the weather to improve. But i think i will wait untill the maiden.
6.jpg 7.jpg 9.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I know Josh is always talking about removing excess hot glue because too much doesn't mean it will hold up better, but it will be heavier. But lets gona see it with numbers. I have used 10 hot glue bars in this building (i was counting them) and it is about 100g.
View attachment 160069
100g just in hot glue. Of course, it is maybe 80-90g because sometimes the gun is leaking and of course, the removed excess.

More updates...
i finished the nose and the intake. Stillneed to make some adjustments but it is done and ready for maiden.
View attachment 160070 View attachment 160071

wing lights on :cool::cool::cool: I will power it on with 2AA batteries, 2AA bateries weigt 46g and i have a dead weigh of 42g on the nose to get the balance, so i will replace it with the batteries.
View attachment 160072 View attachment 160073

I've been working on the decorations a bit, waiting for the weather to improve. But i think i will wait untill the maiden.
View attachment 160085 View attachment 160080 View attachment 160082 View attachment 160081 View attachment 160083 View attachment 160084

That looks Awesome!!!!

Can't wait to see the maiden flight video!

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Awesome build, took me a sec to realize your were only powering the lights with AA :oops:
Yesssss, here it is.
a.jpg

I am using 3.3V LEDs all conected in parallel. 2AA give me 1.5V*2=3V wich is less than 3.3V so LEDs will be ok, i won't fried them without using any resistors. It is hard for me to get the propertly resistors here to make the right circuit. :cautious:. But i guess this way it will work fine.