Volunteers

Trimax

Ok guys if your planning on doing some volunteer work for FF15 you need to let Fred know so he can give you access
the other Leaders and myself are still needing people. FYI volunteers will have some percs the general public wont
I know the down side is you still have to deal with Fred just do what the rest of us are doing and wear ear plugs

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Yes gang....... If you want to be part of the volunteers please contact fred.... aka flying monkey. If you are worried about not getting any flying in or whatever, trust me you will have plenty of time. With more people helping out the less time people will have to be on the schedule for the section they signed up for. I only have about 4 people in the first aid group but since the worst thing I saw last year was a little girl that grabbed a soldering iron and singed her fingertips..... I think my numbers will be ok. With that being said the parking, build tents are always a busy place and all the help is appreciated.

abieex

Mentor
Help is no doubt needed. As of now there are about 6 of us on the main gate for four days. Help please!

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
You can also just bring family, relatives or friends and assign them to the workforce without their knowledge...

You might have to look for new friends afterwards though.

Strix

I'll be volunteering this year. Looking forward to it. I do hope we get more people... many hands make light work!

You can also just bring family, relatives or friends and assign them to the workforce without their knowledge...

You might have to look for new friends afterwards though.

LOL Balu!

abieex

Mentor
Is Flying Monkey is organizing this all by himself? I currently have a couple of people and no schedule to speak of. Whats up Monkey???

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I tried making a schedule last year, and it turns out that it doesn't work well with this sort of event.

What I plan to do this year is have a giant dry erase board and each department lead tells me the minimum number of people they need at any one time.

Then I will grid it out on the board, number of positions per department up one side, and then across the top, columns broken up into 2 hour blocks.

This way the volunteers will be able to see what positions need to be filled, they will get to work where they want and when they want, with a feeling that they are where they are most needed, and not just being put somewhere, to keep them busy.

If there happens to be an empty block, any "extra" volunteers can fill in to make sure we have what we need. If we still have volunteers wanting to work, after that, I am sure any of the departments would be glad to have the extra help.

Volunteers can work as many blocks, in as many different departments they want. So someone who works registration in the morning, might want to try flight line in the afternoon, and then work the build tent in the evening. So you're getting one person, but in three different departments.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I signed up to help out at Flite Fest 2015. How do I know if you got my information and signed me up?

Jimmy, if you haven't gotten a reply from me, asking for your details, then no, I do not have you on the list.

Please send me the following to flyingmonkey@flitetest.com

Real Name
Screen Name
Email Address
Phone Number
Street Address
City
State/Country
Department (you'd like to work in.)