Help! Warbird Power Pack B

Crutchy

I recently built the FT Simple Cub with a Power Back B in it. I absolutely love it and I am very impressed with Flitetest! I am now looking to maybe build the FT P40 or the FT Spitfire, and I am wondering if it is possible to fly it with the Power Pack B. I would like to not have to buy the Power Pack C if possible. Any information would be greatly appreciated and useful!

Notice: I don't know much about motors and the different numbers that are used to measure power and speed. I'm looking into it a lot more, and trying to learn all about it, but it's a slow and steady process. Thank you for any advice you may have for me and any information!

The Fopster

Master member
Have never tried it but I think a well built [ie not over heavy) Spitfire would do fine off a power pack B. If you’re scratch building so only cost is some foam board I’d say just go for it?

Crutchy

I am going to get the SBK, and I will just have to be conservative with the amouth of glue and stuff that I use. Will the plane just be a little slower? And are there any planes that I shouldn't use the power pack B on that recommend the power pack C? I was maybe thinking of building the FT Bushwacker and maybe that one won't be able to fly using the Power Pack B? Not sure

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I recently built the FT Simple Cub with a Power Back B in it. I absolutely love it and I am very impressed with Flitetest! I am now looking to maybe build the FT P40 or the FT Spitfire, and I am wondering if it is possible to fly it with the Power Pack B. I would like to not have to buy the Power Pack C if possible. Any information would be greatly appreciated and useful!

Notice: I don't know much about motors and the different numbers that are used to measure power and speed. I'm looking into it a lot more, and trying to learn all about it, but it's a slow and steady process. Thank you for any advice you may have for me and any information!
Welcome to the forums! I have flown my ft spitfire off the power pack B and it works just fine. Another option would be to just buy the C pack motor ($30) and use it instead of the B motor. It’s compatible with the rest of the kit.

Crutchy

Thank you so much! So does the power pack B work with all warbirds? Or are there any that don't work with it?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thank you so much! So does the power pack B work with all warbirds? Or are there any that don't work with it?
I wouldn’t use a B pack on most of the master series warbirds. However it should work fine on any of the swappable warbirds. You can always put a smaller prop on and run it on 4s. The b pack on 4s has rightly the same amount of power as the C pack on 3S.

Crutchy

Okay thanks for your help! Is the B Pack and the Swappable Warbirds able to work on a 10×4.7 and a 3S? Or is that required. Just wondering because I want to have as many Airplanes as possible for the lowest price and have the most amount of fun that I can in the hobby.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Okay thanks for your help! Is the B Pack and the Swappable Warbirds able to work on a 10×4.7 and a 3S? Or is that required. Just wondering because I want to have as many Airplanes as possible for the lowest price and have the most amount of fun that I can in the hobby.
They’ll fly just fine on 3s and a 10” prop. Later on down the road if you want some extra speed you have the option to bump it up to a 4s.

Flyingshark

Master member
The ft mustang swappable is meant to use a b power pack.......
Well yes but actually no. According to the build vid, so is the Spitfire, and yet the store pages for both of them recommend a C pack. I think FT changed their power pack names since they made the build videos for those planes.

Taildragger

Legendary member
I was maybe thinking of building the FT Bushwacker and maybe that one won't be able to fly using the Power Pack B?
The bushwacker can fly with a power pack B, but it will need to be modified as the B motor Isn't long enough to have the prop clear the cowl