What Are The Best FPV Goggles?

DroneGod

Hey guys I'm fairly new to this site still so I'm still learning my way around!

I have a couple of years of FPV flying under my belt and I am looking for a pair of new FPV googles. I found this article on DroneUplift pretty helpful but as you know, the drone industry is evolving so fast I'm not sure what's new and whats old!

What are your recommendations?

Thanks,

DroneGod

newpilot01

Most competitive pilots are using the dominator V3's. The dominator V2 HD's appear to have better screen resolution and field of view... idk why I don't see more pilots flying with them... there could possibly be a latency issue.

If you're going to spend the money i'd go for either the dominator V3's or the V2 HD. Also... hit up youtube to do research on these things cause scrolling through articles can only offer so much.

Youtuber Painless360 did a good review of the dominator V3's... he's a well-trusted member of the community.

Sky Pirate

It depends on the type of flying you do. I would highly recommend looking into Headplay goggles regardless. I have not flown through them but I have tried them on. I have also tried Fat Sharks and I find the Headplay/Quanum format far superior. The Headplay's screen is startlingly clear as well as the lens. Hope this helps!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
"Best" is highly subjective.

My first recommendation is to find an event near you that is doing FPV and try to get your face into as many FPV viewing systems as you can, and see what is best for you.

The three main ways to view FPV is by monitor essentially a TV screen you set up for viewing. Or goggles. Or a mix of the two, wearable screens such as the Quanums from HK or the Headplays.

Each one offers various pluses and minuses.

Goggles and wearable screens are just that, wearable. They offer the option of head tracking, which means you can turn your head and the camera on the aircraft will follow the motion. You're able to view the video feed wirelessly through a receiver mounted to the headgear, or for improved receiver quality, by connecting to an external receiver. There's a wide variety of goggles and a more limited number of the wearable screen types out there. HK/Quanum, Fat Shark, Skyzone, Cinimizer, Ezine, Zeiss, and others.

Screens can be tripod mounted or integrated into a ground station. You can more easily set up antenna tracking or improved antenna diversity. You are able to look from the screen, to directly (Line of sight) at the aircraft.

I'm a goggles AND screen guy myself, and love the Attitude V3's. I like that they are compact, lightweight and wearable. It has a modular system for frequency receiving, and most recently UBAD has come out with an aftermarket system that allows for frequency monitoring and selection as well as upgradable diversity. It doesn't have onboard DVR, which is one feature I'd have liked. You can get that with the next level up of the Dominators. I have a standalone screen which will provide me with the option of diversity and DVR recording. It also allows for spectators to see what I see, without giving up my goggles.

-Fred

AdamV

Fred, is the UBAD system compatible with the attitudes? (I too have the v3) All the pics are with the HDs.

I seem to remember the Fat Shark guy saying they were coming on with diversity at some point, so not sure if it's worth $100 to get the pro & diversity modules. The website implies the diversity module is plug n play with the pro module, which makes me worried about how un-plug-n-play it is without both modules.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I didn't get the diversity with mine, so I can't answer that question yet.

As to the compatible, according to others with the Attitude V3's yes. They just needed to shave away some plastic inside the compartment, at the top to get it to fit in. I hope to try that for myself tomorrow.

ridepate

Just due to the type of RX glasses I wear, goggles are not an option for me. They just plain won't fit the bill. I've got a 7-inch TX mount, but it just feels weird.....Makes my TX feel strange balance-wise. I'm going with a tripod.

anammox

I'm near sighted... what problems should i expect with fpv goggles? I'm thinking of getting a quanam v2 set up and a pair of fatsharks. I do have contacts but i typically only wear them when im doing something active (gym, skiing, fishing...)

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I'm near sighted... what problems should i expect with fpv goggles? I'm thinking of getting a quanam v2 set up and a pair of fatsharks. I do have contacts but i typically only wear them when im doing something active (gym, skiing, fishing...)

I have FatShark Dominator goggles. I am also nearsighted. Not really bad but enough to warrant wearing corrective lenses. When I first got the goggles I found I could easily fly without any glasses on. I bought the diopter set FatShark sells for about $20 and they do help. The set comes in 3 powers. I use the smallest number. I find for us lens wearing folk options are a bit limited if you're wanting to wear your glasses while flying FPV. Monitor would be best bet. Maybe the head plays could fit glasses, not sure. I bought my FatSharks because of how compact they were. I can fit them in my bag with my other gear and go.