What is Synjin building now?

synjin

Elite member
All right folks, it’s been a while since I’ve been able to build anything. I was inspired by the FT Tiny Tutor wing design and the new FT Jenny, so I launched in to building this plane. This is what I have so far. Just have to put in the curve on the upper fuselage and make some final attachments… And perhaps some landing gear.

Wingspan: 36 1/4 inches
Length: 31 inches
Motor: 2212 1400KV

What is Synjin making? (Yes, I know, there are other plans for this plane out there.)
1715046005491.jpeg

synjin

Elite member
DH82 Tiger Moth, of course. Swept wings, which is the bugaboo. The sweep plus the dihedral make it hard to have any sort of spar. Plus doing the wing like the FT Tiny Tutor adds to that. The wings shouldn’t butterfly, but we will have to see.

I saw the FT Tiny Tutor wing and had to do a couple designs using it. I’m not sure it’s any better than past designs, except that it might be a little bit stronger as far as hard landings are concerned. Also, I might be pushing it with 36 inch wingspans, but we’ll see.

I think I’m closing in on the finish. Getting the front end to look correct will be the biggest issue. It has a very distinctive look, and I would like to get it right. This is the first bi wing airplane that I’ve done in a while, and the first one that I designed from scratch. I’ll post updates of the first crash… I mean flight.

Semi under camber wing.
1715058704253.jpeg

Last edited: