What is your REAL job?

rcwingman

being Ghetto since 2016
Hey rcwingman sorry it's cop talk for saying I was assigned to patrol, So basically that meant that my primary responsibility was to handle calls for service in full police uniform while driving a marked black and white police vehicle.
Ok now.
i thougt you are pushing one oft these things arount:
IRobot-PackBot-510-ET_img.jpg
Is it a hard job to be a cop in LA?

Ok now.
i thougt you are pushing one oft these things arount:
View attachment 48314
Is it a hard job to be a cop in LA?

I actually did get a chance to play with one like that a few times. Our swat team uses one similar to that it has FPV to really cool. When I train with the swat team I get to play with it. The job is not to bad over all it has it's days. It can be really fun at times and at other times very stressful. I think the best part is that every day is different you never know what is going to happen. You could be sitting down having lunch (Fat, dumb, and happy) then next thing you know your in a fight (Happened to me LOL). The worst part right now is all the bad press going around and people for the most part don't like cops so you have to have a think skin and not let it get to you when someone calls you a pig or other insults, I just do my job and stay professional. But you do see some really crazy things on the job that I bet you couldn't even begin to image lol.

stromtrooper

I am a high school band director. I stand in front of 130 teenagers with noise makers in their hands and convince them to make art!

Love it. Can not imagine doing anything else.

Don

Last edited:

Stafford

I'm a data networking engineer with a local county government in Oregon. I got to this point via being a music major (saxophone) my first attempt at college, then a Russian linguist in the US Naval Reserve (CTI), finished a B.A. in Russian language, then became a UNIX systems administrator for about 10 years before transitioning into a primarily packet pusher going on about 15 years now.

DharanFlyer

Business Intelligence Manager at a restaurant company in Chicago. Spend a lot of time writing SQL queries, building databases, and running reports. Also dip my toe into the computer development world with custom application development.

Rc high flyer

I am a student in high school and the dream job for me is to be a pilot or work on planes the other job I love to do is work in the rc plane hobby

Raptortech

Foam Addict
That's sweet! Living in Eastern Mass I recognize some of the locations. I am currently a college student, but that's a dream job right now.

Dream job you say? Well, part of the reason that I'm posting about it now is because I'm looking to hire someone to take my place at the company. I figured this would be a good place to start spreading the word, so if there's anyone with a solid EE background and an even more solid RC background, certainly feel free to contact me at tech@abovesummit.com

Our main office is in Somerville, MA.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Well I would jump on that, but I have a couple years to go before I graduate and I am ME. Maybe I'll stop by the office and check it out one day. Very nice of you to offer this opportunity to the FT community. Hope you are moving on to something better!