What tape do I use?

BoredGuy

Which tape is the best to use to hide unneat creases and to apply over edges? Transparent packing tape would work great, but that doesn’t really hide much unless you spray paint over it. So I’m looking for a tape that’s white in color, opaque, lightweight, and extremely sticky that can be used to prevent edge wear and cover unneat joints, because I’m not planning to spray paint this build.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have been trying to find a paper tape somewhere. I am sure its used for some reason, probably like transparent packing tape for boxes. I have seen it come on boxes but i haven't found a place that sells it yet. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong places. Good luck on the search though

leaded50

Legendary member
white ducktape? unneat creases wouldnt be much hidden anyawy, duct tape is a bit hicker, and helps some at least.. the thinner, the more "errors" would show, In ome of such joints, and edges of foam, i use simple woodglue, to strenghten a bit, and more "slick"..... vbut normally it wouldnt hide anything as color, becuse are clear/opaque.

Somebody here said the best they've found is the white paper medical tape. For bandages I guess. That's what I would go find at the pharmacy drug store if I wanted hinge tape right now. But I'm not using any tape so far.

Bricks

Master member
Duck tape is way to heavy if you are just looking for cosmetic then use light weight spackling compound easy on and sssssooooo easy to sand and weighs next to nothing.

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
There is a paper tape used for covering seams in drywall that is fairly thin and light weight. I've got some around here somewhere, if I think of it tomorrow I will look for it and see how it compares to packing tape.

Keno

I have been using Dollar Tree Medical paper tape for years it works. I place it on the back side of my hinge, fold and "ops" cuts. never had a failure. Dollar Tree medical tape has less "Fuss" and if you iron it adds to its adhesion. I always use it on the the back side of my 45 degree hinge cuts and hinging area. No failure yet and still counting.

I have been using Dollar Tree Medical paper tape for years it works. I place it on the back side of my hinge, fold and "ops" cuts. never had a failure. Dollar Tree medical tape has less "Fuss" and if you iron it adds to its adhesion. I always use it on the the back side of my 45 degree hinge cuts and hinging area. No failure yet and still counting.
THAT'S who said it. Sorry @Keno I didn't remember it was you. Thanks, I like that tip.