What's your flavor? Video editing software poll

What's your flavor?

• Total voters

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Bolvon72 said:
I think that is quite a bit of awesome!

Holy cheddar cheese batman! That was sweet! iMovie is a preloaded program on all Macs these days isn't it? (Excuse my PC biased ignorance) See it's those awesome animated CGI effects I wish I had with PowerDirector....instead I'm stuck with background consisting of cute puppies with hearts for eyeballs and random beach scenes with rainbow covered skies ( those with PD will know what I'm talking about). Should it just be set to stone now....Apple is the way to go for video editing? Very well done sir!

Thanks guys!

lonewolf, I am not sure but I believe you are correct. I received a new iPad Mini w/retina screen for Christmas from my fiance' and beside the fact that she is the most awesome woman ever!, what a sweet gift!!! If you have the iPad-iMovie is free on the app store now and that is one of the pre-installed trailer movie settings you can use.
It took me about an hour to figure out and upload my videos and stuff but I thought it looks great. Easy to use, all of the tools are there, cannot wait to play with it more and see what I can make with it.

Anyway, thanks guys nice to hear that something I did turned out like I thought it should!!!

lonewolf7717

update....this now makes my most complicated edit using PowerDirector....didn't help that .pds file was corrupted at halfway point. With almost 1 terabyte of saved footage over last couple years, i figured it was time to do a little compilation and clean house a bit.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
lonewolf, looks great! I can't wait to get some good video of some of my planes and see what I can do with iMovie.

Keep up the good work!!!

RoyBro

Mentor
Very nice. Were all shots taken with the GoPro 3, or did you have some other camera's onboard a well? What did you use to capture your OSD footage?

can you believe we still call it "footage"?

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
A lot of things are still called by names that don't make sense anymore. Album comes to mind since nothing is widely released on vinyl these days. Calling anything video as being "taped" is also a misnomer these days, since almost everything is on digital media, not magnetic tape.

But then again we also park in driveways and drive on parkways... so...
And why do we call them buildings when they are done. Shouldn't they be Builts?

lonewolf7717

Very nice. Were all shots taken with the GoPro 3, or did you have some other camera's onboard a well? What did you use to capture your OSD footage?

Footage works for me...."digital media" just don't cut it. Not all shots were with a 3, since this is a compilation from several years i have some old original gopro hero "footage". I can tell a massive difference in quality of clips from the old Hero to new Silver even though they were all rendered out at 720p. The OSD clip was captured on a ks-650m (don't believe is sold anywhere anymore) via a ReadyMadeRC 540N (again no longer available). My lcd view is FAR better than the mini dvr quality recording. i have been out of fpv for the better part of a year and most my gear is now somewhat dated.

lonewolf7717

A lot of things are still called by names that don't make sense anymore. Album comes to mind since nothing is widely released on vinyl these days. Calling anything video as being "taped" is also a misnomer these days, since almost everything is on digital media, not magnetic tape.

But then again we also park in driveways and drive on parkways... so...
And why do we call them buildings when they are done. Shouldn't they be Builts?

"Builts"!!!! Dude! totally.....i'm using this at work tomorrow, our construction boys will get a kick out of it.

utrmultirotors

I use Premier Pro when I'm editing at home, but if I'm out and about on a trip and just want to throw something together quickly with the laptop, I use the GoPro Studio software. Simple and easy, and I don't have to wait to get home to get it out to the world :)

Simdor

I´ve since 3 years back used several video editing programs and learned them all quite well. Windows Movie Maker, Cyberlink Powerdirector, Premiere Pro (After Effects) and are currently using Lightworks. I have to say, it´s a quite difficult program to learn, takes a while and it´s not very user friendly for someone who´ve just started with video editing. However, I would strongly recommend it to anyone that wants a program that will favour you in the long run. It´s completely free and upgradeable whenever you want. It´s a awesome software and I would like to hear other people inputs about this editing software. Have you used it? What do you think about it?

Link to Lightworks: http://www.lwks.com/

lonewolf7717

I have stuck with PD...but have upgraded to 12....there really are a lot of features here once one does some digging. Timelapse has been my recent kick and has stretched legs with PD....example of what can done with a sub $100 program

http://youtu.be/E2KB1jDpsTA

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
I was using vegas and premier. But was never happy with the results. My original footage out of the gopro would be silky smooth but no matter how I would render it out in editors it would have weird artifacts or stutter. I would spend hours rendering a 10 second clip out at all different settings. I'm not a noob I have been uploading stuff to youtube for years. Than for some reason one day i rendered out my footage with after effects. Basically same settings as I would use and it came out perfect. Since then I have been doing all my editing in after effects. Http://youtube.com/nateobomb2

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
I used to use VirtualDubMod "back in the day", now I'm using AviDemux. Originally a linux program, I used it when I was running ubuntu. When I went back to windows (the only reason that I need windows is because I need a simulator...) I found that there was a windows option too.

Love it! It's more of a tool and really editing software. I can easily crop, smooth, and re-encode with the software. Very simple.

Oh, and did I mention it's freeware? :rolleyes:

T-Richard

I need help. tried lightwork, its complicated. I need something quick and easy that does a good job. basically i am looking for imovie on a pc. any ideas? I have so much fpv footage that just needs a decent quick edit with music to be watchable

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
I need help. tried lightwork, its complicated. I need something quick and easy that does a good job. basically i am looking for imovie on a pc. any ideas? I have so much fpv footage that just needs a decent quick edit with music to be watchable

I would try:

I used to use VirtualDubMod "back in the day", now I'm using AviDemux. Originally a linux program, I used it when I was running ubuntu. When I went back to windows (the only reason that I need windows is because I need a simulator...) I found that there was a windows option too.

Love it! It's more of a tool and really editing software. I can easily crop, smooth, and re-encode with the software. Very simple.

Oh, and did I mention it's freeware? :rolleyes:

hoshanaeckhart

Thanks guys!

lonewolf, I am not sure but I believe you are correct. I received a new iPad Mini w/retina screen for Christmas from my fiance' and beside the fact that she is the most awesome woman ever!, what a sweet gift!!! If you have the iPad-iMovie is free on the app store now and that is one of the pre-installed trailer movie settings you can use.
It took me about an hour to figure out and upload my videos and stuff but I thought it looks great. Easy to use, all of the tools are there, cannot wait to play with it more and see what I can make with it.

Anyway, thanks guys nice to hear that something I did turned out like I thought it should be used this alight motion pc windows 12!!!
I want to edit and upload some of my pool videos (taken with my HD camera) to YouTube, etc. What would be a good piece of software to use? I have looked at Roxio and Pinnacle so far, but would like to hear others ideas based on what works.

SgtRay

I guess you can say this was one of my most complicated edits. It took forever and I know there must be an easier way to do it but I don't really have anyone to ask where I am.