Solved Why do we now have to pay for Plans now?

嘿伙计们,请知道不发布计划并不是一个容易的决定。如果有一种方法可以将计划交到爱好者手中并防止假冒产品,那么团队将全力以赴。
付款计划没问题。关键是不能直接购买的人愿意为计划的电子版付费。不知道怎么买?

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Last edited:

Corsair714

So just yesterday I went to download ft plans and found that I couldn't anymore. I just popped on the forum and saw this thread. So where do I get plans now? And I have to pay a yearly membership or per plan? What plans are there? If there's another forum or a link to where I can find this out it would be greatly appreciated.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
So just yesterday I went to download ft plans and found that I couldn't anymore. I just popped on the forum and saw this thread. So where do I get plans now? And I have to pay a yearly membership or per plan? What plans are there? If there's another forum or a link to where I can find this out it would be greatly appreciated.
Have you looked on this site under RESOURCES? All there.

Also, you can still get them form Amain Hobbies’ web site under each kit’s Resources tab: https://www.amainhobbies.com/flite-test-rc-airplanes-kits/c-quach4seytwryqgz?fb=2568

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/sp0nz-plans-index.17136/

and

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/categories/planes.6/

should have most/all of the plans that have been available

Corsair714

Thanks for the help everyone. The one other question was just what plans do you get with the membership? Like would the new mini zero and corsair be on there? And the simple stick? And the other new ones?

JasonK

In the first link a lot of the plans unfortunately don't work. I get an access denied message.
did you read the lastish post from SPONZ about that? there was a change in how Google Drive was handling permissions and SPONZ has to manually fix each file. SPONZ said it would take a bit to get through all of them.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Thanks for the help everyone. The one other question was just what plans do you get with the membership? Like would the new mini zero and corsair be on there? And the simple stick? And the other new ones?
Simple Stick plans were made available to FTCA Aircrew in their first membership email several months ago - also the Waco glider. Something to remember though, for now and as far as I know, new members do not get access to precious plans that were sent by membership email. That may change if the FTCA website gets member authentication.

Other than those, no FT designs that came out after May 2020 are available anywhere for free. That includes Zero and mini Corsair.

If you want a newer plane, you will need to buy a Speed Build Kit and make patterns in case you crash it.

JasonK

the simple stick for signing up.

I have got the following since I signed up (you have to be a member of the needed level when it comes out)
  • C-47 Chuck Glider
  • Waco Chuck Glider
  • FT simple Waco Glider
  • DIY Rivit Maker
(This is IIRC info) There is plane named "the Tutor" that has been 'leaked' as an up and coming release to appropriate level memberships, I believe it is a high wing trainer.

bozman

They did not lie about plans being free. They have put out hundreds since I been following them. With the community releases people have done that is nearly ten fold.

By putting the plans behind the FTCA on that server they are protecting their intellectual property from companies like Vector, Banggood and several others we have found directly copying FT designs. The money you pay goes to FTCA which allows access to the STILL free plans that are just stored in a safer place. Thus making it less likely some Scumbag company will just take their designs and mass produce copy kits or actual planes. Specially with the Monster and Master series plans starting to become available. Even if it can be twisted into you are paying for the plans $28 dollars a year to have unlimited access is not bad for the amount of plans you have access to.

So to again answer the statement they lied. They fully and honestly have not.

Look at it like this. You just baked cookies for the last 8 hours. Would you want the ENTIRE neighborhood to have access to your cookie jar if a select few people grabbed most of them and set up a cookie stand up the street to sell them? Not sure about you but my cookies stay in the family hehe.
Im not taking sides but you clearly dont understand IP and the protection it provides. Its the registration of your IP that protects it and not the monetisation of a product. Last I knew fans contributed a couple millions dollars through a go fund me for them to but the gold course, maybe there should have been a dollar to share ratio for those who did.

Just saying

CappyAmeric

Elite member
...Just saying...
zombie hand.png

DudBoii123

For making cheap copies, just buy a kit, scan the parts and make your cutting file. No need for an elaborate drawing, selecting, modifying and positioning parts.

I think, you are just hurting the good guys.
I’m not very educated in this kind of stuff, but I am interested in doing this - any sources you could give me to do this?

Tzicul

I'm just wondering what that * mean in "Access to obtain select FT build plans* "
As a European guy, access to FT goodies is rather prohibitive. Beside the US price, we have to pay 20% VAT, shipping and customs. So a $200 A10 Warthog can go easily to $350. There is a dealer here, Lindinger.at, but they usually have only the cheap stuffs. I remember I once bought a box of foam from them and I paid almost double than a US customer. And that was after a 6 month waiting as because it was out of stock.
I already built most of the master series airplanes, including a four props and a 2 jets A 10, but I want more :) I really appreciate what FT did for the community in general, and for me in particular. I would happily pay $25 a year to have access to the entire plans database. Does anybody knows what plans do you get for this amount? I mean do I have access to the latest jet airplanes?