4ch Flight Help!

joecook0723

For Xmas gifts, I just recieved a Sport Cub S and a UM T-28. I am scared to go indoors and fly 4ch because I only have 3 channel experience. It is nice out sometimes in the winter. But the winds kick up to over 30 MPH sometimes. We always have a week or so of late Janurary defrosting. Should I go out and maiden during then if the winds are not too high? Should I take the risk in a National Guard Armory? or should I just wait till late March or so?

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
I would think the SCS would be fine inside. Just start out in beginner mode, it will cordinate turns ( move the rudder with the alierons) where you do not need to mess with the rudder at all. You will know quick enough if you should stop and wait for a calm day outside.

Happy Flying!

joecook0723

I would think the SCS would be fine inside. Just start out in beginner mode, it will cordinate turns ( move the rudder with the alierons) where you do not need to mess with the rudder at all. You will know quick enough if you should stop and wait for a calm day outside.

Happy Flying!

What I'm afraid of in the armory is this-
Even though my dad is a National Guard Major, he won't let me turn the lights on inside.
You think that is still a problem or no?
And what about the T28?