4s 2200 lithium used to jump a 'full scale' chevy minivan

jolfstn74

In a pinch,I managed to jump start a chevy minivan who's battery was not fully dead but depleted below cranking ampheres, just wouldn't turn over. I had just been flying,took my 4s 14.v 2.2 amp battery from my Conscendo connected positive to positive, negative to negative & turned the key,car started right up! I'm told if that can be avoided,it's dangerous to the car,car battery, plane battery & myself. Lithium might have blown up, combining voltages could have transmitted a homing beacon to attract intergalactic homicidal telemarketers, and the subsonic noise produced irritates whales, who having heard the noise,will never mate or reproduce again.
Seriously, while I unplugged the battery the moment the engine started,I understand I should not drive like that,why is what I did more dangerous that using a battery on a glow engine for example?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Most of these compact "Jump starter" lights emergency radio thingies are lipo powered. MANY videos on the utubes where people have drained a car battery charging packs all day at the field who jump started their car from a lipo pack.

jolfstn74

You know that's what l said, dude who owns the van,was getting ready to call a tow truck when I jumped in with my airplane battery, he hadn't seen what I did,when I told him he said it was a good way to start a fire,I mentioned the portablejump start thingies are lithium powered,he said they had circuitry designed for that purpose. Whatever,I did not really think it was so terrible what I did,and he didn't have to pay a tow truck,now he's pissed his clock is reset,thinks I 'fried' something. Lesson learned, don't try to help save $50-100 for a tow truck to a reactionary yet uninformed automobile owner!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You know that's what l said, dude who owns the van,was getting ready to call a tow truck when I jumped in with my airplane battery, he hadn't seen what I did,when I told him he said it was a good way to start a fire,I mentioned the portablejump start thingies are lithium powered,he said they had circuitry designed for that purpose. Whatever,I did not really think it was so terrible what I did,and he didn't have to pay a tow truck,now he's pissed his clock is reset,thinks I 'fried' something. Lesson learned, don't try to help save $50-100 for a tow truck to a reactionary yet uninformed automobile owner!

NO good deed ever goes unpunished..