Bush planes... What's your choice?

ssteve

So I purchased a dx6i so I have the ease of grabbing parkzone bnf. I'm lucky enough to have a LHS that stocks all of parkzones planes and was kicking around the idea of a umx carbon cub.. Then I started looking at the sport cub... Then the carbon z cub... Basically I love the look of the bush planes and want to buy something for a fun park flyer. Doesn't need to be a parkzone really, but something straight forward to slap together and go fly, and has to be able to adapt to floats. Not stuck on a specific size really but after some thinking I think the carbon z cub is a bit too big and I'd like to keep the cost under about $300. I'm wondering what you guys recommend?

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Any taildragger will be a Bush with owerzised wheels ;-)
As with all planes - keep the plane light.

Super%20cub1.jpg

To much motor and to big battery makes it hard to land gracefully on a short strip.
The PZ Sport Cub is smaller than the Carbon Z, has enough power and will easy be modified to a bush plane.
Floats are easy to make or buy.
I have "put the knife" in a foam cub like that to make the back look more "bush" and to save some weight.
Cut out some triangles to make it look like the rods without fabric. Paint the aft black. CARE not to cut any pushrods or wires.

ssteve

The ft storch? Got one on the way. Still also have a ft cruiser, mustang, 3d and a elctrohub I haven't built.

ssteve

I'm trying to avoid building anything. At this point I would just like to grab something and go fly.

I ordered a umx carbon cub today from my lhs. Eventually I would like to grab a small glider and use the cc to tow it, but in the mean time I plan to add some bigger wheels and some bush plane like details to it.

ssteve

With the beaver, isn't it bind and fly but not spektrum? So I would just need to grab another 5ch spek rx?

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Not to toot my own horn, but I did design a Beaver. I haven't built the newest version yet though. The only concern I had with the design was the rudder. It seems like the fuselage is in the way of it, but the first build proved that the rudder is fine.

There is a link to the thread in my signature.

ssteve

Not to toot my own horn, but I did design a Beaver. I haven't built the newest version yet though. The only concern I had with the design was the rudder. It seems like the fuselage is in the way of it, but the first build proved that the rudder is fine.

There is a link to the thread in my signature.

Looks good for foam board, but Im trying to get a few planes in my hanger with less labor and more detail into them.

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
Someone needs to produce either a Just Superstol or a Helio Stallion. Either way, working slats would be a big help. The Stallion's massive rudder would make for really nice low speed handling.