Buying first transmitter, Flysky 6 channel or 9 channel?

Homestead Dad

I am going to be starting some scratch builds with my kids and am looking for a transmitter. I had originally thought the 9 channel flysky but it seems the 6 channel has good reviews as well and is a bit cheaper. My thought now is to get the 6 channel, which I shouldn't outgrow for a long time, but when I do I can use that as a slave to a 9 channel when buddy boxing? Thoughts?

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
I can’t provide any advice on the buddy-boxing capability because I have never tried it myself (I’m going to have to try it now), but what I can tell you is that you won’t go wrong with either of these transmitters. I own both, and they are a great value and work really well. The best price I have found so far is at HobbyPartz.com. I think you have a good upgrade plan. You can always give the six channel transmitter to your kids when you upgrade. If cost is an issue, the T6 (if that’s the six channel Tx you’re looking at) will be more than adequate for someone just starting off. The receivers are also compatible with both transmitters.

Jaxx

I would recommend the 9X for its upgradability. In its stock configuration it is very capable, but it also has the ability to be upgraded to an incredible transmitter; one that will rival transmitters that are much more expensive. If you don’t mind doing modifications to it, you can add a backlight, upgrade the software to one of the open source options, and even add telemetry capability. It also allows you to use different modules, making it compatible with different receivers. The great thing about this Tx is that there is a lot of room to grow. Just do a search on YouTube for “9X transmitter”, and you will find lots of videos that show you its many capabilities.

Last edited:

Tactical Ex

I have a FS-T6 and it is a very good Tx. If the 9 channel is only a bit more but does the same as the 6 channel, I would buy the 9 channel one.

Wimp

I received my Fly Sky 9x last week (Damn good price from Banggood and free shipping to Australia!). Haven't flown a plane yet but have already upgraded it with a Hobby King backlight kit and a 2200 Turnigy Lipo to run it with! So far....impressed!

Jaxx

I received my Fly Sky 9x last week (Damn good price from Banggood and free shipping to Australia!). Haven't flown a plane yet but have already upgraded it with a Hobby King backlight kit and a 2200 Turnigy Lipo to run it with! So far....impressed!

Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for one with the removable FS module, but the ones I've found cost more.