David Windestal Mini tricopter thread

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone else had bought or built a DW mini tricopter.

I might have the first scratch built one, I wanted to modify it so it could be flown acro LOS until I figure out a way around the FPV ban. Mine is stretched to have 8" front booms and a 9 inch back boom, I'm using a high speed digital metal gear 19gram servo, and a hybrid tilt. its based on the 2.5 tilt, but I drilled out the servo spline to accept a 45mm long 3mm bolt, and tapped it so I could bolt it on using loctite and a piece of heat shrink to hold it in place and take up any slop in the mechanism. The electronics I'm using are a kk mini with Steveis 1.19 pro and simonk f20a ESCs and Floaterjet replacement motors.

It flies spectacularly for its size, Much more stable than my larger tricopter 2.5 with the kk 2.1.5 on the same firmware. it flies great on the stock PIs, and is so stable It will stay without drift even without auto level on.

IMG_7903.jpg

Anyone else?:D

ztoon

Gone with the Mistral
Hi,
Yes there is a thread about mini tri inspired from DW original one.
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?12432-Mini-Tricopter-Build-on-RCExplorer-se-Frame&highlight=mini+tricopter
I like multirotors a lot, but now I like even more DLG, so mine has not flying much since last year.
I have 2x D.W original frames (one basic and one with integrated naze32) which hard crashed several times and still intact like new : an excellent product. The carbon booms he sells is also a great quality (nothing to compare with HK) but I managed to dent one slightly after a major impact to the ground.