DJI digital ocusync ground station options?

NickRehm

I'm thinking about using the DJI ocusync system for an upcoming project that requires digital video feed operating on FHSS, but need to be able to receive video at the groundstation at an lcd screen and not the typical dji goggles. There doesn't seem to be any dji product that is just the standalone ocusync-compatible digital video receiver. Is there another option?

I suppose I could frankenstein something together with the goggles themselves, but that would be a bit pricey.

Thanks

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
you could design your own bidirectional data/signal system that handles the same stuff the DJI system does. But I suspect that isn't an answer your looking for. Does the DJI headset support HDMI (or other) output? if so, you could just plug that into your screen.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The SYSTEM has HDMI out just not on the goggles. the goggles have to be connected thru usb C to the DJI radio which THEN allows hdmi out from it. Just make sure the goggles are at a level and clear of obstruction to not hinder the signal.

Just another way to stick it to customers forcing them to buy the radio too if they want to output their signal like at races or freestyle competitions.

NickRehm

you could design your own bidirectional data/signal system that handles the same stuff the DJI system does. But I suspect that isn't an answer your looking for. Does the DJI headset support HDMI (or other) output? if so, you could just plug that into your screen.

The dji protocol is closed source so nearly impossible to design my own antenna/receiver system. I'm unsure about video out on the goggles, I've read somewhere you need to use their transmitter connected to the goggles for HDMI out??? Super pricey, on top of the goggles coming in at over $500... Just need a standalone receiver I can hook up to my own lcd display lol

NickRehm

The SYSTEM has HDMI out just not on the goggles. the goggles have to be connected thru usb C to the DJI radio which THEN allows hdmi out from it. Just make sure the goggles are at a level and clear of obstruction to not hinder the signal.

Just another way to stick it to customers forcing them to buy the radio too if they want to output their signal like at races or freestyle competitions.

ahhhh, see I've seen this option before but then I'd have to run the dji radio on top of the already over-priced goggles/rx combo

Follow up question: any simple digital HD video systems that operate on FHSS/DSSS type protocols?

JasonK

The dji protocol is closed source so nearly impossible to design my own antenna/receiver system. I'm unsure about video out on the goggles, I've read somewhere you need to use their transmitter connected to the goggles for HDMI out??? Super pricey, on top of the goggles coming in at over $500... Just need a standalone receiver I can hook up to my own lcd display lol
Oh.. no I ment both ends of the protocol ;) (so building/designing both the air unit and the ground station)

JasonK

how much distance do you need? you might be able to do normal WIFI and run video and control link over that?

JasonK

The aircraft itself will be within visual range and operated independent from the onboard video feed
oh ok, I don't think I could manage orientation on any of my craft at 2km, but they are mostly sub 250g and the one that isn't is sub 300g.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@Rcjetflyer2 The only on market and active digital system I know of is DJI sadly enough. I know several other companies are working on systems but non on the market so far.

Being you are school based projects Maybe it would benefit you to hit up Immersion RC or Fat Shark as they are the two last I heard actively working on digital systems. Maybe you can get in on some beta testing for them AND full fill your needs at the same time.

NickRehm

Fat shark had a cool new digital system called byte frost or something like that. I've heard that it works quite well but doesn't quite have the performance of the DJI system. Unfortunately it operates on fixed-frequency and I'm in desperate need of something with FHSS/DSSS (spread spectrum-type to reduce interference) for a competition we're working on

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Fat shark had a cool new digital system called byte frost or something like that. I've heard that it works quite well but doesn't quite have the performance of the DJI system. Unfortunately it operates on fixed-frequency and I'm in desperate need of something with FHSS/DSSS (spread spectrum-type to reduce interference) for a competition we're working on

Hope yer good with pcb design hehehe. Or at least know someone at the college that is. Those are the only options. Any search I do for HD fpv shows only DJI.