Drone Photographer confronted by Soccer mom I mean umm Dad.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
The sad part is a pedophile would probably be in the crowd of parents taking the photos and nobody would bat an eye.

Thanks to the media we multi-rotor pilots now have to be on the defensive to everyone.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Good god that guy sounds pretentious (not the pilot).

"Ya got a great hobby here filming little kids"

I wonder if he ever feels the need to P.O. another parent taking pictures at the (public) park.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
The sad part is a pedophile would probably be in the crowd of parents taking the photos and nobody would bat an eye.

Thanks to the media we multi-rotor pilots now have to be on the defensive to everyone.

I would second that, sad thing is most of the time the real criminals are right in front of you and you will never know it.

I somehow doubt the guy actually thought the person was being a pedophile recording fully clothed kids playing soccer (assuming the guy was even pointed at the kids at any time). More likely he's just abusing the term to scare Jonathan Hair. Just the accusation can be as damaging as actually being guilty in some instances.

At least that's what i'd like to assume the accuser was thinking otherwise this guy must think anyone taking a picture or maybe even looking too long at any fully clothed kid is a pedophile. That's tin-foil hat worthy.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I somehow doubt the guy actually thought the person was being a pedophile recording fully clothed kids playing soccer (assuming the guy was even pointed at the kids at any time). More likely he's just abusing the term to scare Jonathan Hair. Just the accusation can be as damaging as actually being guilty in some instances.

At least that's what i'd like to assume the accuser was thinking otherwise this guy must think anyone taking a picture or maybe even looking too long at any fully clothed kid is a pedophile. That's tin-foil hat worthy.

I agree, he was being confrontational. He didn't like the guy flying in the park and used children as a means to put the pilot on the defensive.

People will act a fool for stupid and selfish reasons... ever see the video of the lady complaining to a guy because of a running diesel truck?

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
*head desk* I can't believe people are allowed to act that way. It's a shame that we can't just treat each other with respect regardless if we agree with their opinions. It's always the self righteous people who decide to irritate everyone else. There is nothing that irks me more than people throwing stones from glass houses they don't know they live in.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
*head desk* I can't believe people are allowed to act that way. It's a shame that we can't just treat each other with respect regardless if we agree with their opinions. It's always the self righteous people who decide to irritate everyone else. There is nothing that irks me more than people throwing stones from glass houses they don't know they live in.

I like that last part about the glass house analogy, it is so true. The whole drone violating privacy is blogged and posted about on social media right next to the post about their recent surgery, upcoming vacation, and 500 pictures of their pets, kids, and new house in the album they didn't realize was set to public view.

On topic though it is an entitlement issue people have. There are too many people that think it's all about them and how dare you live and breath in the same space as them...so they voice their opinion by in your face protest...never stopping to hear your side. Coincidently both encounter videos involve Prius drivers ;)

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
People like this are reasons im scared to be a photographer and pilot..

I'm sorry you feel that way. You shouldn't be scared, if you handle the situation like him. He did a great job standing his ground, sticking to the facts. You are in your right to fly. Do it safely and by the rules, and you have all the power you need.