false voltage warnings from new build

cnc_dave

hey all,
new quad, taranis qx7, sp3 evo and CF 2.1.0.
i plug up freshly charged 3s 1350 battery, shows 12.6 on charger, 12.57 multi meter. immediately tells me bat critical from qx7.
look at telemtry on tx display screen pretty much matches multi meter.
on the taranis i have a logical switch setup for vfas (no + or -) for 10.5v for low, and 10.35 critical. with a delay of 3 seconds.
not sure if it has anything to do with it but, am unable to change voltage scale in CF. CF will display this same battery as
12.3v
thoughts?

thanks
ps: holy crap just re read that, i been hanging around here to long:cool:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Do you get the warnig just when your Rx and Tx first connect, or is it ongoing? I've noticed that I always get a warning when I first plug in.

I believe the voltage scale adjustment in Cleanflight is in the Power and Battery tab.

cnc_dave

yeah just when first power on i noticed this morning. maybe no big deal
the voltage scale in battery and power tab is greyed out won't let me change it

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Do you have vbat turned on and nothing connected to the pads for the sensor to read?

cnc_dave

nope vbat is connected, straight to main bat connection on esc (4in1 esc).
today, only does it on initial power up. checked my connections this morning, found nothing
bothering me worse that i cant adjust voltage scale, its off .2 to .3v less.
power and battery tab in CF 2.1.0 voltage scale greyed out.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Where are you getting your telemetry data from? Smartport from the FC, or do you have a separate voltage sensor?

cnc_dave

smart port. i have an xsr receiver it had the telemetry bug where telemetry kept dropping out. i flashed the new firm ware to it.
since upgrading firmware, have noticed when i have it on the bench and tx and rx are in close proximity i still get a intermittent telemetry lost warning. no telemetry warnings when i'm outside flying though ????
for the other issue, having trouble finding up to date documentation or manual for cleanflight 2.1.0.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Have you thought of maybe converting to Betaflight? They are working more with that then is being done with clean flight. It is also much more functional for setting up quads. Besides more and more people are using that over clean flight and are keeping up to date more so the knowledge base for help will be better too.

cnc_dave

yeah was considering that. i noticed a lot of the vids i watch are beta flight.
so do i just go find latest version of BF and go through same process?

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yup its all the same. Betaflight is an offshoot of clean flight. It just has been upgraded and worked on more as the guys wanted to go different directions with things.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
smart port. i have an xsr receiver it had the telemetry bug where telemetry kept dropping out. i flashed the new firm ware to it.
since upgrading firmware, have noticed when i have it on the bench and tx and rx are in close proximity i still get a intermittent telemetry lost warning. no telemetry warnings when i'm outside flying though ????
for the other issue, having trouble finding up to date documentation or manual for cleanflight 2.1.0.

The voltage value you are seeing in the Cleanflight GUI is pretty much irrelevant, as long as your telemetry info is accurate, then there is no need to adjust the voltage scale. Not sure why you can't, but not important.

I also get telemetry lost warnings when the Tx and Rx are close to each other, I believe it has to do with radiation patterns and cross polarization, but it's pretty common. The important thing is that it works when you're in the air :)

cnc_dave

electricsean, that was what had me bothered telemetry info being inaccurate.
but as psyborg recommended i switched over to beta flight all my problems as far as false warning are apparently gone, am able to adjust
voltage scale to appear with correct values.
went for test flight little bit ago, no telemtry issues. warnings went off as they should.

thanks again guys

Last edited: