Flitefest 2016 Camping

mactek

I was wondering if i am going to be camping with a camper can i arrive on Wednesday afternoon to get setup.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Most likely, but no official word as of yet. Are you volunteering this year? If so, then Wednesday afternoon is a great time to come help with last minute setup details. This is what I am planning to do and it makes it much easier to help with my first volunteer shift early Thursday morning.

mybad

I was wondering the same thing.

I won't be able to volunteer. Can I come Wednesday Evening and set up a tent, or is that ONLY for volunteers?

mactek

I believe they announced on the most recent community podcast that registration will open at 2pm on Wednesday.

mybad

Oh and i meant to ask.... why can't you volunteer?

I probably won't be able to. Not sure, so I can't commit ahead of time.

I'm bringing my daughter and 8 year old grandson. If I volunteer, I'll be leaving them alone which just wouldn't be right. The whole point of bringing them was so we could do things together. She's not a pilot and he can barely fly with my help. I can't leave them stranded while I take off.

earthsciteach

I probably won't be able to. Not sure, so I can't commit ahead of time.

I'm bringing my daughter and 8 year old grandson. If I volunteer, I'll be leaving them alone which just wouldn't be right. The whole point of bringing them was so we could do things together. She's not a pilot and he can barely fly with my help. I can't leave them stranded while I take off.

Its far better to take care of your family while there! The last thing that you want is disgruntled family members. That makes for a stressful experience. Several folks have experienced that, particularly with the weather last year.

mactek

I would love to volunteer just not this year. Last year i was there for one day and it rained. This year i will be there for the whole event but (i hope this doesn't sound selfish) but i just want to fly, meet new friends and enjoy myself. Next year maybe different.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I would love to volunteer just not this year. Last year i was there for one day and it rained. This year i will be there for the whole event but (i hope this doesn't sound selfish) but i just want to fly, meet new friends and enjoy myself. Next year maybe different.

That's not selfish at all, and from the sounds of who you have coming with you, it's just not a workable option . . . but . . .

Volunteering is a great way to meet and hang out with people. Andre is working hard to make sure those who come can still do all that *and* volunteer (some of it *while* volunteering), and maybe next year you can lend a hand with us and see what fun/trouble we can get into with an orange shirt ;)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
That's not selfish at all, and from the sounds of who you have coming with you, it's just not a workable option . . . but . . .

Volunteering is a great way to meet and hang out with people. Andre is working hard to make sure those who come can still do all that *and* volunteer (some of it *while* volunteering), and maybe next year you can lend a hand with us and see what fun/trouble we can get into with an orange shirt ;)

I won't have met all these misfits without volunteering.