Help with identity..

ridepate

Joker 53150's Cub rebuild sort of inspired me to pull this thing off the wall. Yes, it will be electric, but still, it is built-up balsa. I've had it for at least 14 years. I "think" it was a Midwest-Products Super Decathlon , but it's been sooo long I honestly do not remember. Back then it flew on a brushed/geared beam-mount on NiMh..and it barely flew, so I hung it on the wall. It has a lot of Hangar-rash. Dog ate off the vert and rudder. Son tried to FF it and busted the cowl...smh. Not sure I'll ever find a replacement cowl, but it was dry,yellowed and brittle. 28-1/2 span. I want to get it back up with some new, this decade electronics. Help me figure out what this is....

14o7im8.jpg

35m3512.jpg

5u29.jpg

ridepate

So Park-Zone ,at one time, made a similar-sized Decath, which is no longer in production, but I did find a cowl on Flea-bay for 1.99...

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Save the classics! If it's a balsa plane I'd ask on the Balsa Model Aircraft Builders Association on Facebook for input. I had an answer identifying the Extra 300s I got today in very short time, along with a link to the build manual and another link to an aftermarket cowl source. From what I have seen its often a better response and faster than here or RC Groups.