is there a stabilization spectrum reciever for gas planes

electronwizard

I notice some spectrum recievers for airplanes have stabilization, which say not for Gas... due to vibrations..., Are there gas stabilization compatible recievers availible? What are the tips for flying under stabilization? I have been viewing you tube interesting videos on the principles of how an airplane flys, allot more tech including if / and & therefore like counter yaw and lift vs..., Please comment, thxs. Steve

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
All stabilization boards are susceptible to vibration -- just the nature of the sensors. In a typical installation, I'd agree with Spektrum's assessment -- vibe profile on a gasser is just too much . . . but with sufficient vibration dampening, you might be able to get away with it.

How much is enough? Dunno. How shakey is your plane?

If you want to try vibe dampening a stabilized RX, you might consider something as simple as sticking it in a pool noodle slice and slipping that into your fuse. The goal is to be loose to shock, but fixed to the airframe's orientation. This also assumes you've got the space at CG for it, because the stab boards work better when they're closer to the CG.