Mini Scout Salvage

M

MCNC

So now both my Scout and Mini Scout have spent extended time high in pine trees. Unfortunately the mini was over a flooded area created by beavers. I returned to the woods yesterday and found it in shallow water/vegetation during a warm day in cottonmouth habitat. Lucky I found it as I was preoccupied watching my feet. SO in the rice bucket the electronics go. We'll see...

PXL_20210306_205345203.jpg

Javiester

Elite member
I have an engine that was lost in a meadow for 1 year, it belonged to a TT that broke loose (beginner mistake)
I disassembled it and clean it well, I replaced the two bearings and it still works fine, but the anodizing is now brown
Although it had no voltage, not like yours

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The rice bucket is worth a try, they are either going to work or not. I agree with @Javiester, be sure there is no foreign material in the motor.

M

MCNC

Out of the rice. Everything seems operational. However the 1808 vspec begins to surge at 60 percent throttle and worse beyond. It continues to spin with surge and gets warm but not hot for a 20 second test. Friction or ESC?. I recalibrated the ESC but same result. Turning by hand may be slightly more resistant than a good copy. I guess I will have to take it apart?

Piotrsko

Master member
Sure the surge isnt caused by either radio signal or contact corrosion in the connectors? I have a receiver that went swimming and the #1 channel (motor) is now erratic.

Anodize color is just a dye, sometimes organic in origin that will change color. That is not indicative of anything except fade. So other than bearings and insulation failure there isn't a lot that will fail in a motor anymore. You won't notice magnets losing their strength because it rotates faster than we can hear the event.