P40 build w/ removable bomb bay

ktuggle

thought I would share my first speed build and additional bomb bay attachment. It holds, 2 plastic, or real eggs, each released seperately from, one servo using 3 way toggle. No maiden flight yet, as I'm waiting on my Aura board to arrive this weekend. I was going to try it out w/o but I'm nervous, as I've not flow before, and thought the Aura LT would help me out. View attachment ANMP0110.jpg

Attachments

• ANMP0106.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • ANMP0107.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • ANMP0109.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0

ColoFlyer

No maiden flight yet, as I'm waiting on my Aura board to arrive this weekend. I was going to try it out w/o but I'm nervous, as I've not flow before, and thought the Aura LT would help me out.

If you have never flown an RC plane before, I would definatly say that this is the wrong plane to try to learn to fly with, unless you have an experienced pilot on a Buddy Box. Looks like you have done a lot of work on this plane, it looks awesome, but in my experience if you have never flown before, it will probably have only one short flight. The Aura 5 will be helpful, but personally I would recommend something like the Tiny Trainer, or the FT Simple Stick or even maybe the FT Scout. I am sure other folks might have some suggestions as well for a first plane.
Anyway, let us know how it goes if you put it in the air.

Last edited:

ktuggle

Thanks. I know it's definitely not a trainer! Building was a blast, and I traced all my parts, so If she goes down in blaze a glory, as long as my electronics survey then I'm still a happy camper. For sure won't try the bomb attachment until I've flown, or crashed a few times..lol

SSgt Duramax

thought I would share my first speed build and additional bomb bay attachment. It holds, 2 plastic, or real eggs, each released seperately from, one servo using 3 way toggle. No maiden flight yet, as I'm waiting on my Aura board to arrive this weekend. I was going to try it out w/o but I'm nervous, as I've not flow before, and thought the Aura LT would help me out. View attachment 221236
Awesome. This is one of my favorite planes, and it is comparatively easy to fly. Mine flew great, and I am going to build another one. I would say it doesn't need an aura board, but if you haven't ever flown before, it may not be a bad idea. If you are looking for a beginner 4ch plane, it is very easy to fly and very forgiving, it is pretty tough too. I would suggest reinforcing the undercamber wingtips with with a BBQ skewer and gluing a little nylon washer where the powerpod skewer goes through the fuselage. Those are the two weak points. Make a template of the front hatch since that will take a majority of the damage on a rough landing.... pretty smart design.

This is a fantastic second plane, but it still slows down well enough, but it isn't quite the flying barndoor that some of the other models are so it is a little quick. I actually think this is as close to a low wing trainer as you can get.

ktuggle

Thanks for the tips! Do you glue the bbq stick in along the front or the back crease of the wing tips?