RealFlight 7.5 coming soon! (mostly multirotor focused)

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I'm no multirotor pilot by any stretch. With such a high presence here I thought I would pass along some recent info.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?p=261002#post261002

"Multirotor Support
We've dramatically improved support for multirotors! The new Multirotor Flight Controller electronics component makes a number of different configurations possible. It also provides advanced functionality like altitude hold, loiter, and return to home. Oh, and this makes it possible to add a stabilized 2-axis gimbal component, which is perfect for onboard cameras. We've set this up on some of the larger new models."

"New Aircraft
Great Planes Kunai
Top Flite Zero
Tricopter 900 (and Manual Modes variant)
Explorer 580
H4 Quadcopter 520
X8 Quadcopter 1260
Dead Cat Quadcopter 580 (Quadcopter Trials challenge reward)
Hexacopter 780 (and GPS Modes variant)
Octocopter 1000
Eldritch Copter (Scavenger Hunt challenge reward)"

With the new editor and many other tweaks looks like all your customization on the simulator can be done easily in RF now.

Gryf

I just bought and installed RealFlight 7.5 today. So far, I'm seriously impressed. Seems like a nice way to start the off-season.

Gryf

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Where did you get it? I have had a pending order at Tower Hobbies for a month and a half and NO product! :mad:

Edit: Never mind. I see every one is in stock but the AnyLink Versions which of course is what I ordered!

Thurmond

Last edited:

Gryf

Hi, Tritium -

I picked up RealFlight at our Local Hobby Shop when they were having a sale. I have the Transmitter Interface version with the little Interface box and USB cable. Note that anyone with a Tactic TTX650 radio (like me) may want to get the Wireless version of RealFlight, due to the 650's wireless buddy-box feature. With no trainer port on the radio, there's no way to connect it to the PC, so I'm using another radio I happened to have on hand. It works great, but it's not my regular TX. Not that big a deal, but just so you know. I've been digging around for info on the RealFlight wireless dongle, and apparently it can't be purchased separately. Nuts.

Gryf

mrstamp80

Does anyone know what cable i need to link rf7.5 to my dx6 ? The stupid cat chewed up the interlink controller cord.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Yeah, you have a problem there. You need to plug your DX6 into the interlink. I have replaced my USB cord entirely with success. You have to crack it open and do some soldering but it can be done.