Rv Arrival Etiquette

ZEPHYRECAINE

I'm renting an RV for the first time and the pick-up time was just changed from 11am to 2 pm. My kids wont know we're going till I show up in it, so packing will take about an hour. Coming from Chicago into an eastern time zone now puts me there around 10-11pm Thursday. Is that too late or rude according to RV or Fly-In etiquette?

Mytchak

KG5CZA
This is great question. I too am renting an RV for the first time. I'm not arriving in the evening but there has been some discussions regarding Generator usage (which is why I rented an RV), fires, etc. So it would be nice to know proper Etiquette for the event. Right now, I think we should just use our best judgment and be patient and courteous to each other. As far as arriving at 11, I can't answer that. You may want to send a private message to FlyingMonkey - he's in charge of the volunteering efforts may be able to shed some light. To be honest, I don't think a lot of people will be sleeping during the event.
I should be arriving at ~4 PM on Thursday and I'll be more than happy to ask the FT team and call you with the answer. PM me and we can exchange cell numbers.

-David

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Thanks David.

I shared an answer with ZEPHYRECAINE via PM, but will post here too.

Since we're staying in someone's yard (Austin's parents) we should take into consideration that they'll be trying to sleep at some point in their house. Fortunately the property is rather extensive. Parking the RVs towards the road end of the property should help alleviate some of the noise issues. Generators shouldn't be run past (arbitrary time of 11:00 pm) for the comfort of other campers.

There should be a volunteer to help with any questions pretty much at about any time.

Looking forward to seeing all of you guys in just a few days.

-Fred

brettp2004

We are bringing a uhaul for all of our planes/gear and staying in a hotel near by. Will it be ok if we setup an EZUp and leave the uhaul at FF? Never been to a flying event so I want to make sure.