Taranis x9d plus with Naze32 rev6 connection problem

vnv

Hi all,

I just got myself Taranis x9d plus, Frsky XM+ and Naze32 rev6 FC.
Happy and smiling started connecting it all but after just about two hours it seems that my smile has left and just frustration has left :(

I have watched whatever I could find and roamed around net for answer but nothing has worked out.

So it goes...

To bind the receiver I have pressed the button and powerd it, then in Taranis added receiver through bind.
I can confirm that it is working because after receiver reset it goes red until Taranis is turned on and then it goes green.

I have connected my FrSky XM+ to Naze32 rev6 (1.14.2), power and gnd to respective ones and SBUS to Naze32 pin U2RX/4.
Then went to ports and enabled RX (Serial RX) for UART2.
In the receiver tab I have set RX_SERIAL as receiver mode and Serial Receiver Provider as SBUS.
Then saved it all.

When I go to receiver tab to see my data coming nothing happens while I move my sticks?? :(:(:(:(

Could someone please give some kinda hint to help out in this miserable situation.

EDIT1:

Just to add, I was scared that someting went bad with my brand new Taranis so naturally I have reached for my Rigol scope and connected it to SBUS on the receiver and voila, someting comes and looks serial, so this is good news. Then I looked through and found never used PWM-PPM-SBUS converter (bought it long ago from ebay) and connected it to my receiver so I can look at the signal much easier. So it seems that there is signal on it for every channel. Great! Now again poking around found 4 TowerPro 9g servos and connected it to the converter to see if it all works and guess what, it WORKS! ... but why the hell it doesn't work in Naze32 rev6 ?? :(

EDIT2:

One thing to add, I have EU LBT version of Taranis and modules, if it matters.

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Are you plugging in a battery (with the props off of course)? The Naze board will not power the Rx from USB, only the FC itself.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
In the ports tab, did you set UART 2 to Serial RX? Once you save that setting, then go to the configuration tab and set RX Serial and SBUS.

If you have done that and it is still not working, let us know.

You can also ask these questions on IntoFPV.com. They are very helpful on that forum.

vnv

In the ports tab, did you set UART 2 to Serial RX? Once you save that setting, then go to the configuration tab and set RX Serial and SBUS.

If you have done that and it is still not working, let us know.

You can also ask these questions on IntoFPV.com. They are very helpful on that forum.

Yes I did it like tha,also I have dumped settings from cli to be sure it works.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Can you post pictures of your setup?

Did you setup a new model in your radio? If so, what internal RF Mode are you operating in?