2023 Spring Sprint Wrap-Up Challenge

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'll throw my hat in the ring. I need a little motivation to get back to building right now. I have several I could add to my entry in this challenge, but I'll start with my latest Wonder variant (name TBD).
1677855343026.png

L Edge

Master member
Now that spring is coming, need to repair and fix up some boneyard birds in the cellar so I can fly them at the field.
Also, started my build on doing an F-117 and Flying Wing with a 64mm EDF.(some parts are already laid out on paper and cut since that is the way I design.
Good way to push me to finish by April.

So:
Repair
1) Daffy
2) Double Trouble
3) Triangle
4) Outer Space (this one is tough)

Finish:
1) F-117
2) Flying wing.

luvmy40

Elite member
Where to begin? I have at least a dozen planes started(at least parts cut) and six or seven that need repairs of varying degrees. I hope to get at least a couple of them done this month

I think this weekend will be spent tidying up, organizing the work shop and doing triage on the pile of carnage.

RedTwilight

I'd be tempted to enter my AgCat project.
But with race season approaching, it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to finish by the deadline.
I might have a flat foamy or 2 done by then however.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Now that spring is coming, need to repair and fix up some boneyard birds in the cellar so I can fly them at the field.
Also, started my build on doing an F-117 and Flying Wing with a 64mm EDF.(some parts are already laid out on paper and cut since that is the way I design.
Good way to push me to finish by April.

So:
Repair
1) Daffy
2) Double Trouble
3) Triangle
4) Outer Space (this one is tough)

Finish:
1) F-117
2) Flying wing.
Which flying wing?

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Last night and today I worked on getting my design of tower hobbies uproar V1 in DTFB.
I build the frame a while ago, but never got electronics really in it. (just the ailerons)
IMG_20221104_230238420.jpg
IMG_20221104_230138722.jpg

So I pulled it back out and added landing gear, color for orientation and so I can be proud.
IMG_20230303_235538702.jpg
IMG_20230303_235527571.jpg

I still have some more work to do. I will note, there is very little room around the wing.

L Edge

Master member
Which flying wing?

"Triumph", my design. I am doing further testing to see if I can get it to fly on a 64mm EDF with no vertical stabs. I have not released a build on the wing, but still gathering data on what it can do(stabilizer).
Triumph.JPG

It weighs 331.3 grams with a 1300 mah lipo, no vertical stabs, and can take high and gusty winds with enjoyment. Made another with a variation that allows for precise control in crosswinds.

If you do a search for "Firebird", it will show you with 3 mods and dual elevons to SPONZ's well designed plane was modified and what it can do in tough gusty wind conditions. The tree lined area caused all kinds of down flow that flipped that plane around(watch how fast it moves downwind). Again, the stabilizer and endplates make the plane easy to fly.
Being old school, I design by paper, so I would need someone to produce plans if someone wants it.

speedfix

I think I am gonna join, will link build threads late tomorrow when I can get pics of where I am right now.

Fix: Eflite V900

Finish: Brushless converted slo v

I think that is it but I will have to see what other old projects I can dig up.