A10 Swappable

JasonEricAnderson

It seems that the beta plans no longer exist, will you be posting final plans soon?

I will once I get this prototype working (or crashed) and make some final adjustments to them. The nose section that hooks into the fuse is a bit tall and I think that's due to a problem with the plans printing/tiling. So I want to get those types of things ironed out.

JasonEricAnderson

Got the power pod, servos, rods, and control horns all installed and everything wired up and tested with the RX. Just had to reverse the ailerons in the TX. Now if I can just get some good weather I can go and fly or crash this thing the way it deserves to be.
Photo Jan 24, 3 44 03 PM.jpg

jamboree1

I'd send you my calm winds 80 degree southern california weather to you if i could, but I can't, so just send the plane to me for testing :p. I'm looking forward to the test and plans

JasonEricAnderson

Notes from the first prototype maiden:
  • Tail heavy
  • Nose needs better attachment
  • Wing surfaces need more area
  • Under powered
  • It's big. The whole scale of the model is based on getting the powerpod to fit in the aft section, AKA the narrowest part of the fuse.

Thoughts ideas about the next version
  • Switch to tractor powerpod arrangement? This would help solve most of the tail heavy/CG problems
  • Skip it being a swappable all together? Does it really need to be swappable?
  • The model could be made smaller if I made it a tractor swappable
  • The wing cut out needs to be really tight and not so loose and sloppy
  • Skip the wheel pods until the final version, less work
  • Reinforce the canted part of the wing with some ribs/formers?
  • Add wood spar to wing?

Last edited:

Dodgy_Dingo

Thank you Jason for doing this build! I was hoping to download the tiled prototype plans but unfortunately the link does not appear to work. Do you have another location where the prototype plans can be downloaded? Thanks again