Baby Blender - Scratch Build

Chubbs

this plane looks awesome. I want to build one of these too but i dont have any more room on my remote after i finsh my ft3d. what to do what to do. time to save for a dx7 and sell the 6

I fly all my swappables on the same saved profile (technically I have a 3ch and 4ch setup, but that's not really necessary). If you setup the control linkages and mount the servos as they recommend, then you don't need to reverse any servos when switching planes. The most you need to do is re-trim.

So just set up your controls for the FT3d, build the blender, and use your FT3d setup for it. Should work just fine.

Bolvon72

Mentor
For the price it can get tossed in the car as a spare, and not worry so much about it getting stepped on, dropped, or stolen.

I was running out of room on my DX6I and had ended up with a HK6S with a power problem. (Helping a friend and annoying HK return service left me stuck with it) I rewired it to take a 3s lipo and got it working. I put the receiver in my power pod for the nutball, delta etc. By dialing in the trim on the planes instead of through the transmitter I opened up several slots on the DX6I and it's a more than decent radio for these little planes, real quick swaps as well. I also like the minimalist feel of it on those minimalist planes.

jackedman

I fly all my swappables on the same saved profile (technically I have a 3ch and 4ch setup, but that's not really necessary). If you setup the control linkages and mount the servos as they recommend, then you don't need to reverse any servos when switching planes. The most you need to do is re-trim.

So just set up your controls for the FT3d, build the blender, and use your FT3d setup for it. Should work just fine.

I like that idea ill try it out.

aerojunky

Christen Chicken

Not quite a Christen Eagle... Here is my "Christen Chicken", After having little troubles painting my old fogey i decided to make some vinyl decals for my Blender ;) chicken1.jpg chicken2.jpg

Last edited:

rifled

I recently built the Bloody Wonder out of Dollar tree foam and had to cover the entire thing in Packing tape because I often fly early morning when the grass is wet. I love the way it flies and want to build the Baby Blender.

Does anyone know the best way to protect this foam from water. I usually build with Dow Protection Board (FFF) but usually build flat wings. Does anyone know if I use packing tape to reinforce the folds of the wing can I use Bluecor or Dow Protection Board to form this type of wing?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I recently built the Bloody Wonder out of Dollar tree foam and had to cover the entire thing in Packing tape because I often fly early morning when the grass is wet. I love the way it flies and want to build the Baby Blender.

Does anyone know the best way to protect this foam from water. I usually build with Dow Protection Board (FFF) but usually build flat wings. Does anyone know if I use packing tape to reinforce the folds of the wing can I use Bluecor or Dow Protection Board to form this type of wing?

I've used tape to reinforce this style of wing on FFF. You can also cheat, and cut it so you're using the fold that's already in the foam.

I've wondered if you could brush or spray water based polyurethane onto the paper, to both make it more rigid, and to waterproof it.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I second monkey's advice.
I always tape over any fff bends, it has worked for anything from a 48" supercub, all the way to a micro cessna.

aerojunky

I happen to work for a signmaking business... So we have large format printer/cutters . The colors are printed on a 2mil. film with a contour cut without laminate. So it's probably lighter than paint...From design to installation it probably took less than an hour to do. :)

Orcoz

Another Baby Blender in the fleet

Hey guys! I couldn't resist this plane, and after teaching 5 of my friends how to build Tony's Blu-Baby trainer, they're ready for their next challenge. The jury is still out as to whether they'll go with the FT Delta, or the Baby Blender, but I figured I should get some experience on this build first.

*** IF the FT Cruiser were out already, I would've left my new flying buddies in the dust and built that one first... can not WAIT for that review & build video!!! ***

Anyway - I absolutely loved this build project. It was so much fun, challenging enough but without the moments of being lost. Anytime I thought I was going offtrack, I'd just re-watch the section of the build video that was giving me trouble, and I'd be rolling again.

Thanks Josh & Team FliteTest!

Attachments

• Baby Blender back.JPG
    Baby Blender back.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 35
  • babyblender side.JPG
    babyblender side.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 29

jackedman

You can cover it in the packing tape.

Does anyone know what can be used to cover these planes? Guys are saying colored packing tape but I cant seem to find it anywhere

jackedman

Oh man I just booked marked that site on my phone and ill look at it tonight. I also found the hobby city also sells something like it for a 1.40 a roll but thanks wombat

sneaky

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to make swapping the power pod between planes easier. I swap frequently between my baby blender and mini-swapamaster. It is not exactly hard but I always seem to struggle with the servo cable connections. I am using 15CM servo extensions in my receiver to make it easier in and out of the blender without having to remove the wing. But then the extensions get caught between the pod and the wing.

I am building an FT3d and thought this might be a good time to make mods to make swapping easier. Has anyone tried mounting servo plugs somehow rigidly on the outside of the either the plane or the pod? I think then I could mount the pod and then just plug in the servo cables. Maybe number or color-code the plugs so you can tell at a glance that they are connected properly. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited: