Back to the Hobby!

Bunny

Hi!

My name is Bunny! I've been away from the hobby for a long while. I used to spend every day drafting schematics for RC airplanes when I was a kid in the late 80's, early 90's. I kept that up thru college, but fell away from it. I did have a neat mini copter when I was in Iraq in 2010, and built a disastrous frankenplane in 2011, tho. :D Moving stuff out of the house my soon-to-be-ex-spouse lives in, has dug up some of my old gear (half of which my soon-to-be-ex-spouse decided to sell... :( ), so now, in honor of my past twin and the fun we had, I'm ready to dive back in!

:)

Bunny

My Fox .40 engine. I've never used it 😲

Attachments

• 20220204_161830-01.jpeg
    20220204_161830-01.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220204_162147-01.jpeg
    20220204_162147-01.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Bunny

😂😂😂 I've lost count of my hotglue, exacto, CA incidents over the years! I've already been sketching out a park flyer Bristol M1c, for my first plane back, and parts are on their way. I have no idea if it'll work, but thats never stopped my ADHD and bipolar self, before, so why stop now!? 😅

Bunny

Neat! In 1993, I entered into U.C. Davis in the Aerospace Engineering program. I had big dreams of flying and space. And then I grduated with a Sociology of Law degree! 😆 I still prefer the old pencil and paper method of design 😊

FishbonesAir

TBH, I had to look that degree up, lol.

I've managed to not glue myself to too much, with the exception of this dratted Easy Built Lite Tissue. Cannot be worked even slightly damp, and sticks to absolutely everything - except Balsa.

Once Upon a Time, I had dreams of Shuttle Commander. I wound up a PC Jockey, helping Lockheed Martin Rocket scientists get their PCs to work. 😂

FishbonesAir

Whoa. I worked IT with a guy who worked for Lockheed in the SF Bay Area. Rodney. Really nice guy.
Sunnyvale! Commercial Space & Astronautics. I was based in Denver, also initially supporting CS. After I moved to our help desk (still Denver, just not deskside support) I talked to their clients all the time.

FishbonesAir

I actually was there more than a decade, but it did take a toll. I loved my customers, just not the petty "you must meet these Numbers" and the poor customer service that brings.

I'm retired now, and we had left the state. Getting older with arthritis and an idiotic Congress, brought us home to Colorado. TN said it was devil's lettuce; I say it's an overlooked medicine. And fun too. 😁

bigdano711

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Bunny! Have you seen the B17 and the apple canon video? Just pure awesomeness!

Bunny

No worries! I grew up in California, and worked in SF and San Jose during the dot com, in IT. I'm now a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in the Boston area! 23 years in the IT field!

The B-17 apple canon, and the one where they put explosives in the ME-262 are my favorite! :D

Bunny

My previous job was for BBN/Raytheon. BBN, one of the creators of ARPANET, and the Internet, got bought by Raytheon, & turned it from a fun research company to a corporate mess :/

bigdano711

At the end of my IT run I finally made it into Silicon Valley and had the dream job, but was contracted. Near the end of my contract, I started to wonder why they wouldn't hire me permanent. They were in talks to sell the whole time I was there. Sold to their only rival and were they ever CORPORATE. I couldn't go on in the field anymore. It was the final blow after being beaten and battered in downtown SF for 10 years.

Bricks

Master member
Welcome Bunny
Glad you found your way here and renewed your addiction. Sorry to here about the personnel problems, look at the bright side you may have not found our little corner of the net other wise.