Back to the Hobby!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
No worries! I grew up in California, and worked in SF and San Jose during the dot com, in IT. I'm now a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in the Boston area! 23 years in the IT field!

The B-17 apple canon, and the one where they put explosives in the ME-262 are my favorite! :D

I grew up south of Boston. Used to spend a lot of time in town. Met my wife at a scuba diving convention at Copley Plaza.

Boston is a great walking town!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Welcome to the forum, I can totally empathise regards the hot glue. I managed to empty a large pool on to my left arm and instinctively tried to remove it with my right hand, before eventually getting to a cold water tap. I've glued my fingers together with CA too many times to remember and even glued my lips together once, finally I managed slice through my fingers with a rotating prop.
Ah the pleasures of the RC hobby :LOL:

bigdano711

Welcome to the forum, I can totally empathise regards the hot glue. I managed to empty a large pool on to my left arm and instinctively tried to remove it with my right hand, before eventually getting to a cold water tap. I've glued my fingers together with CA too many times to remember and even glued my lips together once, finally I managed slice through my fingers with a rotating prop.
Ah the pleasures of the RC hobby :LOL:

It was the end of the day at the Alameda Hornet Squadron RC Airfield. We flew off of Taxiway H at the Alameda Naval Airstation where the USS Hornet is parked to this very day. Stepping onto the flight deck of that behemoth with the San Francisco skyline as the backdrop...I just don't have the words.

The day was waning, shadows getting long, but so beautiful that you just didn't want to let one second of flyable daylight pass without having SOMEthing in the air. Joe and I were the last two holdouts, and he was getting his beautiful Piper Cub (I believe it was a Hangar 9) ready for one last flight. Big ol' gasser. The temps had dropped a bit and he was having trouble getting it started, then I heard a yelp. I was packing it in and I had a feeling about what happened but hoped I was wrong. I was right.

He chopped into the palm of his hand with that prop and it went DEEP. By the time I made it over there he had gone through about 4 sheets of paper towels, all soaked with blood. "Where's the CA glue?" He was in a light state of shock and was focused on stopping the blood with the paper towels. He looked at me like I was crazy. "WHERE IS YOUR CA GLUE?!"

With a perplexed look on his face, he pointed at his toolbox. I grabbed it, told him to open that hand up and filled his palm with most of that bottle. Told him to press with fresh paper towel right into it, make a fist and hold.

Once we got the bleeding under control, not stopped, but under control, I gave him a soda and asked if he had anything to eat. You know how it is on those kinda days, you forget to sit down, let alone eat. He felt much better after the soda and snacks. I offered to drive him to the hospital but he said he could make it. Checked on him later to make sure he made it home safe.

Another guy who joined that club was missing a couple fingers from a prop incident. Gave me healthy fear and respect for those props.