• Your out of your mind!!!

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey Stig!!

Thanks so much for being there and for making such an awesome CRAZY project! As far as the video was concerned...it was due to TWO main things...(time as far as length of video we had already cut together and flight/build footage of your plane etc. we just did not have enough to time or content at the time)

Also I wanted to let you know to ...Keep up the great work!! You are truly inspiring OTHERS to build crazy projects(whether big or small) and that is TRULY what FT is all about!
Thanks for all you and the rest of the community do!

Blessings,
Stefan

Liam B

Hey Stig!!

Thanks so much for being there and for making such an awesome CRAZY project! As far as the video was concerned...it was due to TWO main things...(time as far as length of video we had already cut together and flight/build footage of your plane etc. we just did not have enough to time or content at the time)

Also I wanted to let you know to ...Keep up the great work!! You are truly inspiring OTHERS to build crazy projects(whether big or small) and that is TRULY what FT is all about!
Thanks for all you and the rest of the community do!

Blessings,
Stefan

Thanks for the kind words, Stefan! Here's a video of the remaiden: https://youtu.be/F57YjaKXdzY

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Sup buddy! Thanks so much for the Re-maiden footage! I think we will actually be posting that on one of our Social Media platforms at some point so be on the lookout buddy! ;)
Thanks for all your hard work! Cant wait to see you at the next FF!

PS: What ended up happening to the plane...Why did it dive bomb ? figured I would check with ya!

Blessings,

Stefan

Liam B

Sup buddy! Thanks so much for the Re-maiden footage! I think we will actually be posting that on one of our Social Media platforms at some point so be on the lookout buddy! ;)
Thanks for all your hard work! Cant wait to see you at the next FF!

PS: What ended up happening to the plane...Why did it dive bomb ? figured I would check with ya!

Blessings,

Stefan

Awesome! I'll keep my eye out. I had the same problem as the first time, actually! The linkage stopper (don't know WHY I PUT A LINKAGE STOPPER ON IT!!!:mad:) came loose around the corner and went STRAIGHT INTO THE FPV LINE lol. Total loss, but the wing was in great shape:p

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey Liam!

Just wanted to shoot you a message to let you know that IF you didn't get to see it your p-61 RE MAIDEN video...go check it out here - www.facebook.com/flitetest

Hope all is well and keep up the great work!

Blessings,
Stefan

Liam B

Hey Liam!

Just wanted to shoot you a message to let you know that IF you didn't get to see it your p-61 RE MAIDEN video...go check it out here - www.facebook.com/flitetest

Hope all is well and keep up the great work!

Blessings,
Stefan

SICK!!! Thanks again for what y'all did. Next year, I'm planning on making a less sketchy plane. A 500% Mini Corsair with folding wings to be exact!

Liam B

Ok, I've decided that I can't quite abandon this project, so expect to see logs on a V2 on this thread :)

Liam B

So I've come up with some things I'd like to fix in the v2 of this build:

1. Make the wing spars smaller on the height dimension. The wings were WAY too tall, and added a lot of unnecessary drag. Also mount the spars with the long side going from top to bottom for improved rigidity.

2. Curved top wings, not a three-fold quick wing.

3. Double up on the fuselage bottom and sides to make it more impact-resistant.

4. Make it a belly-lander. The landing gear were too much of a hassle.

5. Two servos on the elevator.

6. Make the tail-booms much more reinforced. They were too flimsy.

7. Use 9 inch props on a 4s for more power without over heating motors. This makes it so I don't need a third engine.

8. Use foam for turtle decks instead of cardstock.

I plan to start work in the nest few days. I won't be documenting this build as much as the last since they're practically going to be the same when I'm done.

Last edited:

Liam B

Got an upper wing panel done. I got some waterproof foam for Christmas so I’ll be using that:)

Liam B

123C936E-F0C5-4128-A8E3-72A0891E67D2.jpeg
059DFA19-1709-4F12-8B3C-34F4F7EEFBCA.jpeg
560499D8-009C-4267-B369-373784117997.jpeg
7AC04DFE-FD29-4A7E-A85B-71F73D3FCD34.jpeg
144E9019-4FF7-4BFB-8B5A-63FD64E77F89.jpeg

So it turned out pretty decent. I peeled the paper from the front 6.5 inches of the leading edge to form a nice bend. The spar is slightly crooked but oh well. What do you think of the trailing edge? Kinda odd bend to it.

92895D4A-B630-42C8-89AC-59C71A4F23DE.png
Wish it could have turned out like this!

Liam B

After a few attempts and failures, I've successfully finished two identical outside wings. I scrapped the one above and went with a flat bottom simply to make it easier when mounting the fuselage and installing the wings. I’ll insert the picture down below. Pardon the lower quality of it, it came from Instagram :)

The next step is to add the control surfaces. I’ll be using some 17g servos I picked up from Aloft Hobbies at FF West ‘17. They've proven to be reliable throughout this year, and we’re cheap, so I have a lot:)

Then I’ll work on the center wing, which includes the fuselage and tail sections. I may make the nose AND tail removable for ease of transport.

Attachments

• 8610EE9F-FE08-4915-8FEC-9C42AF98B69D.jpeg
    8610EE9F-FE08-4915-8FEC-9C42AF98B69D.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
FTF-March Madness ENTRY 4

welcome to the FTFMM Challenge with this project. I am excited to see what V2 has in store!

And Good Luck!

Last edited: