Changing thread titles

Tactical Ex

[SOLVED] Changing thread titles

I cant figure how to change the title of a thread I posted. If this isn't an option it would be awesome to add it in the future. Not only would I like to fix spelling errors but I would also like to prefix [SOLVED] on many of my threads to let users know that the problem announced in the title actually has a solution.

Last edited:

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
At the bottom of the original post, hit the "Edit Post" button. When the new edit window pops up, look at the bottom of that and click the "Go Advanced" button. That will open a new edit window that gives you the option to edit the thread title.

Tactical Ex

Ah, many thanks.

.. see title :)

Edit: Actually, not quite what I was hoping for. It only changes the title of the OP, not the thread title.

Last edited:

Tactical Ex

. . . or you could ask a Mod . . .

I could, but it seems like a task the OP should be able to do. If not all OP, at least those who have reached a certain post count or something like that. I just know that many of my threads start out on how to do something and slowly morph into how to solve that problem usually in a completely different way. For example I have a thread that is titled "Using a PC screen as a FPV monitor - wiring help needed" This was what I wanted to do originally but the thread took a turn and I was able to solve the issue a different way. Now, the more relevant title should be "[SOLVED] How to use a PC screen as an FPV monitor". I'm afraid the "wiring help needed" bit is going to scare away users who are looking for the cheap and easy solution that I came up with.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I could, but it seems like a task the OP should be able to do. If not all OP, at least those who have reached a certain post count or something like that. I just know that many of my threads start out on how to do something and slowly morph into how to solve that problem usually in a completely different way. For example I have a thread that is titled "Using a PC screen as a FPV monitor - wiring help needed" This was what I wanted to do originally but the thread took a turn and I was able to solve the issue a different way. Now, the more relevant title should be "[SOLVED] How to use a PC screen as an FPV monitor". I'm afraid the "wiring help needed" bit is going to scare away users who are looking for the cheap and easy solution that I came up with.

Understood, and agreed.

Giving the averge OP (or even super-OP) the right to change the thread title seems safe and practical. It's also one less thing to bug a mod with, but it's not how the permissions are set ATM . . . and one more thing beyond my power to grant.

From the practical side, the instance has been changed, but the class . . . well, it's a fair suggestion to pass along . . .