Electrohub

Tanasqui

I ordered a dx6i, a swappable 3 plane pack, then I built and flew an FT cruiser from scratch, no problems.

Watched the electrohub build video 5 or so times, seemed doable. I purchased the hub and parts, ordered the electronics from rtfquads, flip 1.5 control, escs, motors, lemon rx, etc. I assembled as instructed, wired as instructed, programmed as instructed, when it came to the bind I have hit a wall.

On power up the flip gives 3 beeps, then a pause, then a fourth. The red led is constant and blue is flashing dont know what the pattern means, cant find a reference online.

I hooked the motor/ESCs to a servo tester, everything powered up as expected.

I flashed the flip and everything looks good through the interface,

The lemon rx during bind (trainer sw+powerup) gives strobe, off, flash, off, solid Also attempted on an AR610

the DX6i does not stop beeping during binding, I cant remember if this is normal or not. I am starting to think my problem is with my DX6i's link, or lack of one with the lemon rx

After the bind process, there is no reaction from the electrohub.

I dont know enough to know where to start the troubleshooting process.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I don't have a dx6i to be able to help with the flashing lights sequence, but I do have a lot of Lemon receivers.

One problem I've had with binding Lemons is having the antenna's too close when doing the binding sequence. I get best results with the transmitter and receiver at least 3 or 4 feet away from each other.

Hope this helps!

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Tanasqui

First things first . . . you'll need to get the multiwii gui up and running on your computer and connected to your board. connecting this up can tell you quite a bit about what the board is thinking, what it's hearing (or not hearing) from the RX, and how it's setup to fly.

Go to RTFQ's site, and on the Flip page for the one you've ordered there should be a link to the software. Download that and inside you should find the Multiwii sketches and the multiwii gui. You'll need to have java installed to run the multiwiiGui and may need to install a driver fro the multiwii board. Once the GUI is running, you can plug in the USB, connect up the board (pick the right com port . . . which one? When you plug it in, which one is new?), and all sorts of things on the screen will start showing up.

When you get there, dig a bit, play a bit, and what doesn't make sense, ask and we'll lend a hand.

Tanasqui

I can see responses from the horizon indicator when the quad is moved, and throttle pitch roll and yaw response in the green bar graph in the flight deck tab. Should I see a response from the QuadCopter X graphic to the left of the bar graph?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Good! your radio is properly bound.

You might need to adjust the servo endpoints in the TX to get the bars in the GUI to go just under 1100 and just above 1900, but otherwise, the radio link is working.

It's been a while since I've played with the multiwii, but IIRC, yes, the graphic and the attitude display should move in concert. on the graphs, are you seeing changes in both the Gyro X-Y-Z lines and the Accelerometer X-Y-Z lines as you move the airframe around? have you set it flat and calibrated the accelerometers?

Tanasqui

quaddash.png

Here is the dash with the active indicators highlighted. The attitude indicator moves as expected, The Thr, Pitch, Roll, and Yaw are responsive. The motor level indicators drop from 1500 to 1000 and change from the + configuration to the x.

I am going to take your suggestion and reset the throttle limits after my family wakes up.

Should I not be getting a response from the motors when I throttle up at this point? All of the videos show they power up after the bind completes.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
If you've calibrated the accelerometers and so long as the baro mode is off, then the quad should arm.

To arm, the default command is minimum throttle, maximum rudder (bottom right corner on left stick for mode 2 radios -- disarm is bottom right). You may need to adjust your rudder endpoints as well on your TX if it isn't going far enough for "maximum" and "minimum". Below 1100 and above 1900 should be plenty.

After it's armed you should be able to control the motors. Don't forget to plug the battery in and **PLEASE** remove the props when bench testing. Your USB can power the board and RX, but it can't power the motors.

If it's *STILL* won't arm, double check those end-points, make sure the other two flight channels center at 1500, and re-run your accelerometer calibration.

Tanasqui

Crafty Dan, Thank you. Good advice but I haven't gotten them out of the bags yet. But today is the day.

It was the min/max not arming the spin-up. Now everything looks great. New toy first power-up. I am a kid on Christmas.