Flite Test Design Engagement Challenge

Ok so who’s all gonna be part of the challenge, head count!

• Total voters

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
Can’t argue there. I live on the west coast in the Pacific Northwest. There is a small park nearby for flying mini’s but otherwise it is trees and water.

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
Love too but it is too far of a drive for a flight that wouldn’t last very long for just a plane or so. I don’t have very much built up here as planes go but if it were a short walk or drive away I would. But this just means that I have some challenges to work around to make pretty planes

Samh

Elite member
Love too but it is too far of a drive for a flight that wouldn’t last very long for just a plane or so. I don’t have very much built up here as planes go but if it were a short walk or drive away I would. But this just means that I have some challenges to work around to make pretty planes
What do you mean man. Bring anything and everything and spend the day up here

Samh

Elite member
Me and @SquirrelTail fly everything except turbines and, drones, and helicopters. Giant scale 3D, speed wings, foamboard, profile foamies, sport nitro planes, old timer planes, fast planes slow planes, bush planes/STOL, etc. Anything fits.

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member
I will need to see if I can schedule a time to go there soon. At this point in time I have a scratch built A5m4 and will have a mini zero soon when my servos come.
48CF9AA5-EBA3-4CDB-9C63-9EA446D63076.jpeg

This is my A5m4

OliverW

Legendary member
Trust me - it’s totally worth it! I’m going to be going over and hanging out with them sometime next week. They are awesome guys.
Thank you very much cookie! I recommend bringing a few planes that you can fly in the rain when you come down. Carls shop has cover that we can fly from under out doors

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I guess I'm back in for now, I'll be a bit behind but that's fine. I need a good relaxing build; I'm honestly not doing too well right now.

I got home last Friday, almost exactly one month after I left. Evidently I had some undiagnosed anxiety, I didn't even make it through receiving week. I got covid too so they locked me in isolation for 14 days beforehand, I was in pretty bad shape coming out and I'm still not feeling perfectly alright.

Not sure what I'm going to build yet, something gentle. I don't have any planes that I trust right now except for a glider or two, I need a trainer and I'm open to suggestions.

OliverW

Legendary member
I guess I'm back in for now, I'll be a bit behind but that's fine. I need a good relaxing build; I'm honestly not doing too well right now.

I got home last Friday, almost exactly one month after I left. Evidently I had some undiagnosed anxiety, I didn't even make it through receiving week. I got covid too so they locked me in isolation for 14 days beforehand, I was in pretty bad shape coming out and I'm still not feeling perfectly alright.

Not sure what I'm going to build yet, something gentle. I don't have any planes that I trust right now except for a glider or two, I need a trainer and I'm open to suggestions.
That sucks man. I hope you start feeling better soon!

DinosEatPeople1

Elite member

I hope you feel better soon!

Tench745

Master member

I feel for ya man. Personally, I like balsa for a nice, relaxing build. Something about the way it cuts and sands and you wait for glue to dry. Whenever and whatever you've got going on, we're here for ya.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

I'm sorry man - that's rough! I'm just finishing up plans for my tigercat and that's such a gentle bird. I passed the transmitter to a friend who's only flown twice before, and he handled it no problem.

Piotrsko

Master member
I'm sorry man - that's rough! I'm just finishing up plans for my tigercat and that's such a gentle bird. I passed the transmitter to a friend who's only flown twice before, and he handled it no problem.
There you have it: it's easy to teach someone to fly when you hand them a trimmed gentle aircraft up 3+ mistakes high.

Hey @Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes : are they going to let you back in? Really sucks otherwise.