FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
does anyone know what the recommended PC specs are for Phoenix?

straight off the web page.... seems like it would basically run on a potato compared to other sim specs.

Technical Notes
To successfully use Phoenix, you will need the following:
  • IBM-compatible PC computer with 1.0 GHz Pentium 3/4 or AMD Athlon/64 compatible processor or better • Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system
  • 256MB system memory (RAM)
  • 1.5 GB free, uncompressed hard-disk space
  • ATI Radeon 9800/NVidia Geforce Ti4200 with at least 128MB memory or better
  • Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or higher
  • DVD-ROM Drive for installation
  • 1 free USB 1.1/2.0 port
  • 100% DirectX 9 compatible sound card (optional)
Or alternatively:
  • An Intel-based Apple Macintosh computer running Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7 with the above specifications under one of the following systems:
    • Boot Camp (recommended)
    • VMWare Fusion (latest version)
    • Parallels (latest version)
  • More information on using Bootcamp can be found on the Apple website.
  • Phoenix does not run on older non-Intel Macintosh computers, or the Apple OSX operating system.

Marzipan

straight off the web page.... seems like it would basically run on a potato compared to other sim specs.

Technical Notes
To successfully use Phoenix, you will need the following:
  • IBM-compatible PC computer with 1.0 GHz Pentium 3/4 or AMD Athlon/64 compatible processor or better • Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system
  • 256MB system memory (RAM)
  • 1.5 GB free, uncompressed hard-disk space
  • ATI Radeon 9800/NVidia Geforce Ti4200 with at least 128MB memory or better
  • Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or higher
  • DVD-ROM Drive for installation
  • 1 free USB 1.1/2.0 port
  • 100% DirectX 9 compatible sound card (optional)
Or alternatively:
  • An Intel-based Apple Macintosh computer running Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7 with the above specifications under one of the following systems:
    • Boot Camp (recommended)
    • VMWare Fusion (latest version)
    • Parallels (latest version)
  • More information on using Bootcamp can be found on the Apple website.
  • Phoenix does not run on older non-Intel Macintosh computers, or the Apple OSX operating system.

I suspect those specs are WAY out of date as that's 2003 era hardware and if my reading is correct, Phoenix became abandonware in 2018, so v6.0 must have come out well after 2003, no?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I suspect those specs are WAY out of date as that's 2003 era hardware and if my reading is correct, Phoenix became abandonware in 2018, so v6.0 must have come out well after 2003, no?

Shouldn't matter mate. That was designed to run on a potato. If you have a machine able to run winXP you have a machine able to run this sim.

RcLew

Interested in downloading the Phoenix sim and updates for my grandsons, yes grandpa to ;) they say old dogs can learn new tricks :unsure: My question is, do I need the 22 in 1 dongle to connect my Taranis Q X7?
Thank You (y) Were all good, got it working without the dongle :cool:

Last edited:

ithink2020

How do the models in the SIM compare to how they fly in real life? Granted, I'm using a game controller at the moment (researching and deciding on what transmitter to get). However, the Tiny Trainer 4CH and the FT Explorer seem harder to fly than other models in the SIM. Meaning, they take a lot more effort to fly.

Just courious.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I have no clue as Phoenix constantly crashes when I try run it
How do the models in the SIM compare to how they fly in real life? Granted, I'm using a game controller at the moment (researching and deciding on what transmitter to get). However, the Tiny Trainer 4CH and the FT Explorer seem harder to fly than other models in the SIM. Meaning, they take a lot more effort to fly.

Just courious.

Marzipan

it loads up for me but then complains that there is no tx...but that's because I haven't bought a tx yet, LoL!

rickp

Just courious.

Just flew both the Tiny Trainer and FT Explorer in Phoenix and they seem to fly okay to me.
I have the Tiny Trainer in real life, and the Phoenix version seems pretty close.

If you're having trouble, it could be your game controller, or alternatively you might have an old version of Phoenix.
V5.5.l is the last official release and I use it daily. Yes, there is a v6.0 and it works for some, but not for others.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Just flew both the Tiny Trainer and FT Explorer in Phoenix and they seem to fly okay to me.
I have the Tiny Trainer in real life, and the Phoenix version seems pretty close.

If you're having trouble, it could be your game controller, or alternatively you might have an old version of Phoenix.
V5.5.l is the last official release and I use it daily. Yes, there is a v6.0 and it works for some, but not for others.
Maybe that's my problem... Does Phoenix work with a realflightusb tx??