FT EHub Crash tested, Rookie approved

midnightdaylight

Something I completely over looked... Prop mounts have those two little holes in them for a good reason, so you can use a small tool to get them good and tight...

I my biggest fear is not that I will crash, it's more that after a bad crash it may not fly the same as before. :black_eyed:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Yeah. That "small tool". I need that.

So far I've not found a little screwdriver or something that fits in the hole and does not bend...

One thing I am using is a staples remover. That allows me to pinch the holes from both sides and twist. But it's not really the best way of doing so.

Oh - and alway, always, always check if they are really fastened before each flight.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hex keys work, but avoid it if you can -- the corners on the key will eat into the edges of the hole, slowly bending it off balance. not bad, but avoid it if you can.

I've got a small straight scribe pick I use for mine. the long tapered point fits most any prop adapter hole almost perfectly, keeping the wallow-out to a minimum . . . when I remember to toss it in my field box . . . otherwise . . . "anybody got an allen wrench set?!?"

Tactical Ex

I use a piece of the marker flags to tighten them down. The marker flag will bend a bit but it does the job without any collateral damage.

TTMR

A leaf on the wind
Get some good quality screwdriver handled hex wrenches. Not only will you be happy every time you need a hex wrench but they are usually round shanked...