Mounting screws for Hextronik 24 gram kv1300?

hofftari

Hi there, writing my first post!

I have the engine which I mentioned in the title, but no mounting screws. I did the mistake of not bringing it with me to work today, and I need to buy some screws for mounting this on my Old Fogey. Does anyone know what dimensions the mounting screws need to have for this engine?

Rcjim11

For a really fast fix, you should be able to use the screws that came with your servos if you haven't used them already!

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I've also always just used servo screws since I mount my sevos with hot glue or tape. I just measured though and the mounting holes are 2.07mm so a 2mm screw should work. Should be able to find a suitable screw at any hardware store.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
Use #2 (if you can find them) 1/2" sheet metal screws or #4 x 1/2 sheet metal screws

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I bought a box of 100 size 2 x 1/2" screws at the hardware store. The store I went to didn't have them in steel, just brass. They're wood screws and they work really well. I think size 3 screws would work, but I use size 2. I used to use the screws that came with my servos, then I tried the size 2 with a used FT firewall but they wouldn't grip because the servo screws where bigger and "stripped out" the wood.

One problem I had with the servo screws is that I would strip the head. I think I was using the wrong size phillip head screw driver though.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Servo screws kept coming loose on me, I even had a motor shoot off and disconnect mid flight, that was fun.

I've since switched to using nut/bolts on my builds.

Because the screws I use are 1/2" long, I usually add some hot glue to the ends of the screws so I don't cut/snag any wires or anything. That helps to hold the screws in place too.

hofftari

Thanks for all the replies guys. I went and got some 2 mm nuts and bolts (why play it risky by using screws?) and it mounted perfectly.