Naze32 rev6 with Spektrum Satellite problems

jimb2241

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a Naze32 rev6 set up with a spektrum satellite receiver. I tried a LemonRX 8ch DSMX PPM receiver, and now a genuine Spektrum 4648 (thinking the problem may have been with the LemonRX, which was given to me used.)

The receivers are connected via the Spektrum satellite pads on the Naze. The receivers both powered correctly and would successfully bind with the Tx, however, I can't see any stick movements in Betaflight. What am I doing wrong??

I set up UART2 to Serial RX, set the receiver to Serial-based, SPEKTRUM2048, save and reboot, but I still can't see any stick movements. Everything else seems to work fine.

Thanks and I appreciate any help I can get,
-JB

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
JB,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you setup the receiver type on the config tab?

In the receiver box, select "serial-based receiver" from the drop down. Pick "Spektrum 2048" in the new pull-down that appears, then click "save".

Switch over to the RX tab and if signals are coming in but they're horribly scrambled, go back to the config tab and pick "Spektrum 1024" instead, and save.

If they're poorly mapped on the RX tab (move a stick the wrong channel changes) change the channel mapping to TAER (Spektum/JR) on the RX page and save.

jimb2241

The problem is that on the Rx tab, it's not showing any signals whatsoever. I have followed the procedures that you recommended exactly, but can't get anything to show up.

Does anyone know what the correct pinout for the Naze32/Spek Satellite hookup is? It's possible that I have it improperly connected (but it is seeing power.)

Thanks,

-JB

jimb2241

Just an update, I reflashed the firmware on the Naze and rebooted everything, and it works fine now. I guess it can be chalked up to unpredictable wacky firmware weirdness.

Thanks again,
-JB

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Jim,
Welcome to the forum.
—Jim

Oh yeah, feel free to share a bit about yourself.