Peters new VTOL??

mrwhiskers

Ludicrous speed, GO!
its been on Facebook and Instagram. it looks like a chimera. there appears to be two versions:an A-tail and a normal Twin tail. any more info? future FT plane?

HawkMan

I think that's the discovery VTOL mod(s). not sure. it's been on periscope I think but I didn't watch it. and it seems they dropped the whole dual cam project and uploading their periscopes form the other camera to FT Extra.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Do you think Peter's VTOL experiment will be available in a kit?

They've been toying with that idea since he started collaborating with them, but it's been perpetually in development. They'd earlier targeted it to come out with the Guinea, but it's stayed in the background. Dragging it back out again for the Explorer is a very positive sign the project is reaching maturity.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
They've been toying with that idea since he started collaborating with them, but it's been perpetually in development. They'd earlier targeted it to come out with the Guinea, but it's stayed in the background. Dragging it back out again for the Explorer is a very positive sign the project is reaching maturity.

This.

I think they've mentioned in a Periscope session that Peter has to get rid of some quirks in the mechanism before they can release it, but it will work with the Guinea and the Explorer.

Spastickitten

It would help me when I fly, my field has either really thick grass (more like short dagger trees) and it would be nice to just take off and land in one place. I think I will stick with what I have now, need more money....

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I want a version, even if I'm the only one who gets it.

I will push for you guys to be able to buy one too...

ZoomNBoom

Its certainly worthy of its own episode, and as Im trying to build a vtol myself, I would like to see the problems as well as the successes.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
The VTOL looks like just the ticket for doing AP in places without space for a runway. For some reason multirotors do not interest me at all. If I am not flying FPV than orientation becomes a big pain shortly, while I can fly an aircraft 1000ft away (at least a stabilized plane). It is a great design.

Spastickitten

Man, I am at a crossroads when it comes to what I want, and I can't any of the options at the moment. moneymoneymoney...

DharanFlyer

I'm on that list for wanting Peter's VTOL tech. I also love the design of the Bronco and would LOVE to have that one in my fleet.