Quadcopter Question

Stephen1

I recently built the FT Versacopter 2.0 with the Graupner mz 12 transmitter and gr-18 receiver/flight controller. The quad flies great, but I've been wanting to take it up a notch. I see other freestyle pilots on youtube doing all sorts of flips and tricks, and to me it looks like they're flying with no gyros or something. Does anybody know how I can turn off gyros or get more control with my current transmitter and receiver? Any help is appreciated.

Jordan3367

I recently built the FT Versacopter 2.0 with the Graupner mz 12 transmitter and gr-18 receiver/flight controller. The quad flies great, but I've been wanting to take it up a notch. I see other freestyle pilots on youtube doing all sorts of flips and tricks, and to me it looks like they're flying with no gyros or something. Does anybody know how I can turn off gyros or get more control with my current transmitter and receiver? Any help is appreciated.

Hi, what you're referring to is probably fly in Acro mode, without self-leveling or stabilization. This is setup in your flight controller, so you'll want to find how to change settings in your flight controller. If you are using cleanflight, select the modes tab and disable "angle" and/or "horizon." This will allow your quad to fly without leveling itself. It is slightly harder to fly however, so keep that in mind.
Good luck!