Scale Build Off Contest Entry C-130

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
So I am finally getting to the build contest. Decided to go big or go home. Only thing I have are the plans. I figured since I am assigned to a C-130 Guard unit why not build one. So I'll post some pictures of the plans that were printed by Wilsonman for me. I'm going to be building this like he did on his FliteFest build. So wish me luck.
IMG_5380.JPG IMG_5379.JPG

wilmracer

I build things that fly (sometimes)
Mentor
Very cool. Any thoughts on attempting drops from the cargo bay? You should have plenty of room in there :cool:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I've had a few ideas on what I want to do with it. Even though my unit does not have them the idea of making it look like an AC-130 has come up. Also making it look like the Blue Angles Fat Albert and figuring out some way to have "working" JATO rockets on the aircraft has been discussed as well. I watched all the videos of that C-130 build you linked in your thread and that has given me so many ideas that I don't know what i want to do. My other issue is figuring out the motors. Now that I have full size plans, I can now measure properly and see what size props I can use. Ive got time, I may not finish it by the deadline but I hope to have it ready for FliteFest next year.