So confused, can't get motor to spin, only jerk a little

genjix

Hi,

So my transmitter has 2 joysticks, left and right. I can only get the motor to vibrate a little using the right joystick when plugged into channel 3 of the receiver.

Otherwise nothing. I was getting beeps and stuff before but it's confusing- how do I know the correct setup?
So far I have my motor connected to the ESC like so: +ve (red wire) to A, -ve (black) to B, control (yellow) to C.
Which channel should I plug the ESC into the receiver? Do I need to configure the transmitter controller?

Here's a list of my parts:

Thanks & happy christmas

BanditJacksRC

Did you bind everything correctly? If you look at the "Files" tab on the HK website you will see step by step instructions in the manual for the TX and RX. It looks like channel 3 is the right one for the throttle. You probably want to also check out the manual for the ESC.

Make sure everything is bound correctly. You might need to recalibrate the throttle to the esc.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Looks like channel 3 is the right one. Is the ESC in the Rx correctly? I don't know you you can have the plug in upside down for that receiver.

The twitchy motor sounds like you might have two wires touching, or you don't have one of the three motor leads connected properly. I don't think it's two wires touching, because the ESC hasn't caught on fire yet.

Can you take a picture of your set up?
turnigy rx.jpg

BanditJacksRC

If you have the receiver bound properly to adjust the throttle to the esc. you will want to plug in your battery to the esc, THEN turn on your Transmitter with the throttle full UP. When you hear the first set of beeps, bring the throttle all the way down. That process shows you ESC the range of throttle your transmitter has.

This is at least how my hobbyking 30A esc works. but you should check out the manual for your esc and see exactly how to program that in.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Clarifying question. The link for the transmitter is for a Mode 2 transmitter so the throttle should be the left stick? Motor should not respond to right stick.

genjix

Cool!! It works thanks guys!

It was that the bullet connectors for my ESC weren't connected properly... I ended up just removing them and soldering the wires directly together.