Someone knows this kit?

Javiester

Elite member
Hello
my wife gave me this kit last year

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-BF109-model-Woodiness-model-plane-RC-airplane-DIY-model-remote-control-plane-kit/32379531818.html?spm=a219c.10010108.1000016.1.2cfeba63ofXXmS&isOrigTitle=true

I enjoy building a lot with wood although I have never flown any
I will start learning with a foam trainer
recommend 15-25c nitro or electric, but I'm not sure what engine to put and that's why I ask for your help
the kit looks good
It is well laser cut and the wood is of good quality
It does not have twisty pieces although the Cowl and Canopy are not very good
I posted some photos in my presentation thread

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?37907-Hello-everyone

regards

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
That's a nice looking kit!

What do you want to use, electric or nitro? Each has it's own advantages, as you probably know.

Javiester

Elite member
I do not have it clear
I have opened the thread so that you enlighten me
I guess the electric flight time is short
and the nitro is a little dirty, is not it?
I will weigh it

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Electric flight times tend to be shorter, but electric is clean, electric is quiet, electric is easy, electric motors do not need to be tuned. You can only fly as many times as you have charged batteries.

Glow flights can be longer, you can often fly many times on one battery, glow is messy, glow is louder, glow engines tend to require tuning at the field, glow fuel is fairly expensive. Many people (like me) use a small charger to re-charge the battery a bit while other planes are being flown. Some areas don't allow gas or nitro planes, but will allow electric.

If you've got limited flight experience I'd suggest going with electric. Electric planes are much easier as they don't require any tuning or messy fuel that can leak.

Javiester

Elite member
What power and size of electric motor do you recommend with the data we have?
it fits a 50mm spinner and I have a tripala propeller 11x7
thanks

Last edited:

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
One thing to consider if you're going with electric, do you have room for a battery and a hatch for battery access? You may have to design that from scratch, along with a tray of some type to hold the battery.

Javiester

Elite member
Yes, there is a lot of space, the wing is removable and there is good access to the nose of the plane
tomorrow I will post some pictures
Thank you

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I also posted in your other thread about this. I just realized the plane you are building. If you've never flown before a warbird is a certain way to get very frustrated. Keep the warbird. Build the warbird. Desire to fly the warbird. But please don't actually fly the warbird until you learn on something else first.

Javiester

Elite member
I'm aware of it brother
I want to finish it to leave it hanging in some room until it is an ace of aviation
also offered a friend to paint it professionally to airbrush

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I suspect that if you build and fly one of these, the experience will answer many of the questions you have at a lower cost to you.
https://store.flitetest.com/mighty-mini-tiny-trainer-speed-build-kit/

Everyone crashes their plane. The TinyTrainer is lighter, and simpler to build so it will cost less in time and money to repair when you crash it. The Tiny Trainer comes with 3 channel and 4 channel wing options so you get two wings to learn on. The tiny trainer is very forgiving in the air and can be a very slow flyer giving the novice more time to recover from a mistake.

It's a better starter plane because you will tend to crash less and when you do crash, it will cost you less in time and money to repair.

The reason I suggest this on your thread is that I am learning to build better as I learn to fly better. As I become a better pilot I ask more from my planes and this pushes me to learn more about the craft of building so I can provide more performance.

Knowing what I know now as a pilot, I would never have made some of the early build mistakes I made. I had to get better as a pilot at the same time. It's a balance.

I suspect the experience of building, flying, crashing and repairing a simple model like the TinyTrainer will help you build your BF109 better.

Welcome to the forums Javiester!

Javiester

Elite member
I never thought that I would have a welcome like this
thanks for all your advice
what better way to thank them than to follow them scrupulously
I'll start with it and I'll see where I keep it
I have time from here to spring
here it's winter and it's too windy

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I'm aware of it brother
I want to finish it to leave it hanging in some room until it is an ace of aviation
also offered a friend to paint it professionally to airbrush
Ay me alegro! Muchísimas gracias! Ahora dormiré mucho mejor.;)

Javiester

Elite member
One thing to consider if you're going with electric, do you have room for a battery and a hatch for battery access? You may have to design that from scratch, along with a tray of some type to hold the battery.

I have them scattered around the house

IMG_20171203_201747.jpg

IMG_20171203_201555.jpg