SP0NZ - Plans Index

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
is there a separate thread/article for the baby brit because i would like to build it but i need specs motor batt. etc. so maybe some one could give me a link to or directions to that thread/article thank you for looking

Specs for the Baby Brit are exactly the same as the Baby Baron (link below). That said, I probably should make a separate build thread for the Baby Brit and one for the upcoming Bloody Brit as well. Thanks.

Baby Baron Build

Mikebike25

Hey Sponz, I love what you do with these plans. I know you have the FT-3D v2 on your drawing board. Any idea how far down the road it is?

Ludodg

Ludodg said:
Dear sir, Sponz

I am a teacher, ...
We use the plans of the Tiny Trainer.
What I wanted to ask you: could you please draw a seperate plan for the glider-version of the Tiny Trainer?

Thx in advance!!

Yes I can do that. What is your timeline (how soon do you need it)?

Hello SP0NZ,
thx for the reply. I had missed it and did not know you replied.
Well, I would like to restart my plane-building-class within a couple of weeks actually.
So if you could help us out that would be great.
again, thanks in advance!

greetings from Belgium

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hello SP0NZ,
thx for the reply. I had missed it and did not know you replied.
Well, I would like to restart my plane-building-class within a couple of weeks actually.
So if you could help us out that would be great.
again, thanks in advance!

greetings from Belgium

I will try to make that happen in the next two weeks.

Verris

Hey Sp0nz,

Just finished building the sparrow and noted a couple things. One, along the body should the black lines between the edges connecting the bottom and sides not be score lines to remove the foam? I was cutting along and almost detached the sides from the bottom by continuing along that black line all the way through from the back before it merges with the bottom tail section. Second thing is, any update on this? http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...the-FT-Sparrow&p=266394&viewfull=1#post266394

Thanks

xMeox

I know you have the FT-3D v2 on your drawing board. Any idea how far down the road it is?

Awesome! Whats the difference between v1 and v2? Im planing on building a FT-3d for me and my father. Should I wate for v2 to come out?

Thanks for sharing your awesome plans with us Sponz!

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
The V2 has been out for some time now. It's the one that's available in the Speed Build Kit, and it should be the one that plans are available for on the Stonekap database.

richb2599

Great looking plans Sponz as usual. Printed mine out and will start the build in a week or so. Looks like a pretty good FPV platform and I have an Arkbird autopilot just waiting for a place to take up residence.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Great looking plans Sponz as usual. Printed mine out and will start the build in a week or so. Looks like a pretty good FPV platform and I have an Arkbird autopilot just waiting for a place to take up residence.

Thanks man! It really is a great design. I have a feeling it will be one of their most popular to-date. I really like mine.

Beta FT Spear.jpg

Last edited:

Ross

I finished my Arrow today and had a very tough time squeezing all the electronics in it. I made two copies of the plans on DTFB and think the next one will have a box similar to the Spear added to it but smaller. It will be my first attempt at modifying anything on my own.

O.J.

corsair

Sorry if you already answered this, but I am new to this forum. Do you plan on scaling up the ft mini corsair to like 130% similar in size to the ft mustang?

Yorick

I used your plans to build my first scratch build, the Bloody Wonder MkIII. Between the great plans and the build videos I actually got it built and in the air. Flew great! Well enough that I will fly it for a good while to get stick time before dropping significant cash on another plane. I'd much rather beat up DTFB while I learn than a much more costly plane. Thanks!!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I used your plans to build my first scratch build, the Bloody Wonder MkIII. Between the great plans and the build videos I actually got it built and in the air. Flew great! Well enough that I will fly it for a good while to get stick time before dropping significant cash on another plane. I'd much rather beat up DTFB while I learn than a much more costly plane. Thanks!!

Yorick, that's awesome. Glad you are enjoying the MkIII. Thanks for the kind words.

dengar256

I love my MkIII. And that thing if tough. We got into a competition at the club today (i.e. showing off) and I did not pull out of a dive fast enough. It nosed in hard enough to bounce. Brought in back to the pits, changed the prop and had to add a BBQ squire at the front (it has riped out the two at the front). Flew another three batteries before having to go back to work. Now I have three other club members building them for combat. Can't wait.