SP0NZ - Plans Index

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Partly, They are no longer separate pages in the Full-size plans. They are on the last full-size sheet. Which is why they show up at the end. I can move them to the front. Also, no All-In-One plans.

BrianH

Dan,

First off, thank you so much for helping out with all of these great plans! They really make building a pleasure.

I think I found a very small error on the Sparrow plans... in my opinion the lines between the bottom plate and the side plates of the fuselage should be a dashed red line for the boundary of the cavity. This would normally not be a problem but I am working an a more automated way of transferring plans to foam and automating some of the cutting to speed up the build process. I compared to a few other sets of your plans and it seems like this change would make it consistent with the other plans.

Thanks again for all of the great work to help out the FliteTest community!

jott

Thanks SPONZ!

I have been waiting for this Full Sized Mustang ever since you released the Mini Mustang which I found to be an easy build and looks good in flight too. I could have printed the originals but I knew your draft would be much easier to work with and worth the wait.

I appreciate that you have printed the title & layout sheets at the end of the drawing for the following reasons, which I'm sure you realize but others may not. First it syncs up the page numbers with the tile numbers making it easier to assemble the plans. Second the tile numbers also sync up with the printed page output, which is advantages for printing individual part templets. Finally print page one you get tile one, no thinking involved which is getting harder as I get older.

I would also like to commend the idea you clearly embrace which is fewer sheets per part is more important than fewer overall pages per drawing, paper is cheap. Probably like most builders, I print to 8x11 then string together the smallest subsets of sheets that I can use to make a single part templet. If a part crosses multiple rows and columns of sheets then these quilted templets can become unwheeledly and more likely to be misaligned due to printer tolerances.

Again I appreciate all your efforts as well everyone one on the Flite Test team who endeavor to make the build experience enjoyable, I know I'm hooked.

Last edited:

firebaby049

New Plans Format

Happy New Year! Well, almost. ;) I've updated the FT Mustang plans and added them to the first post. I have made a minor change to the format that I would like some feedback from the community on. I will create a new thread for feedback on the new format. I'll post the link to that thread here after I create it.

Enjoy!

Your work is always great. Please always keep the Full Size plans. Those are able to be worked with in almost every case.
Thanks for the time and effort you put into all of these plans, so that the not so talented, like me, can enjoy a terrific hobby. Looking forward to your future plans and have 2 cases of foam for more builds.
Thanks

daxian

Elite member
yes...!!!!

hi Dan ...
been waiting for the mustang update ....that will be my next build !!!!
thank you Sir ...

ARE

Great job on the Mustang SP0NZ!

Just one comment, can you double check the highlighted area?, I think the outside line of the cavity should be red rather than black?

Mustang_line.jpg

Mcrae3006

Sponz, you do a great job with your plans and articles for the Flitetest community. I love the first page of this thread for quickly finding plans that you have done. I have noticed that it is difficult to find the official ( or your unofficial) thread that goes along with each plane. Is there anyway you could add a link to each aircraft thread in your chart on the first page? Just a suggestion. Thanks

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Sponz, you do a great job with your plans and articles for the Flitetest community. I love the first page of this thread for quickly finding plans that you have done. I have noticed that it is difficult to find the official ( or your unofficial) thread that goes along with each plane. Is there anyway you could add a link to each aircraft thread in your chart on the first page? Just a suggestion. Thanks

That is a great suggestion. I will make that happen.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Great job on the Mustang SP0NZ!

Just one comment, can you double check the highlighted area?, I think the outside line of the cavity should be red rather than black?

You are correct. I will get that fixed soon. Thanks for the feedback.

RAGII

Bushwacker plans question:

I printed out the full size plans and went to start building and noticed that there does not seem to be the top rear plate in the plans.

I am missing something?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Bushwacker plans question:

I printed out the full size plans and went to start building and noticed that there does not seem to be the top rear plate in the plans.

I am missing something?

All part of the main fuselage piece. ;)

diydoofus

First I wanted to to say thanks for all the hard work that you do here, its appreciated. Secondly I wanted to ask if I was the only one that has an oddity when trying to print the tiled section of the old fogey? I followed the direction you gave in another thread exactly, paper is set to US letter, 8.5 by 11. all the boxes that should be checked are checked and those that aren't supposed to be aren't. However it seems the images is slid down in the preview and prints the same, cropping the bottom of quite a few pages, however not ALL pages. It ruins the wing and fuse. I don't see any settings that would allow me to adjust that besides adjusting the scale. Any tips? I would prefer to use your plans before I resort to the flite test plans as yours are superior. Thank you.

daxian

Elite member
update on the BST....

hi Dan and all ....
just a quick update on the flying of the BST....
did a quick video back in october and never got around to editing/uploading it here ,that i can recall !!!
had a few flights on it before this ,getting it trimmed and flying ,before i got a runcam to get flight footage .
anyway the footage is here if anyone wants a laugh ....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GAsu3zj_ow&t=775s

Dave.

daxian

Elite member
hey Dan....
wondering ...what version of adobe reader do you use to make the pdf 's for the plans ????

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
hey Dan....
wondering ...what version of adobe reader do you use to make the pdf 's for the plans ????

Point of clarification first, Adobe Reader is for viewing PDF files. To my knowledge, you cannot author (create) PDF files with Adobe Reader. I Export the files to PDF directly from AutoCAD. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro to massage the PDF files after export. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was using Acrobat 9. Just got a new computer and upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (version 15.023.xxxx). Hope that helps.

daxian

Elite member
hi Dan ....
well i never knew that ....thanks ...that explains a lot .
i was just comparing the pdf files from the website versus the downloaded file when loaded in my version 10 reader and noticed a load of differences in the layout of the program .
thought i might have missed out on a few updates is all ...thanks again .