The Talespin Tavern -all things off topic

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Well, another model to the wall because I has another free day, this is the mousebird it’s pretty fresh on oz
0076B73A-C6F5-438A-94B6-4B47BBFC32E9.jpeg
8C3DC371-2717-4DA6-A431-4CFE61602539.jpeg
and I’m enjoying it so far
1EE90963-4148-42E4-BEFD-B0C0D1288F6B.jpeg

Attachments

• 2C019B3D-62F4-4E60-99F1-D83E8064B7C2.jpeg
    2C019B3D-62F4-4E60-99F1-D83E8064B7C2.jpeg
    895.4 KB · Views: 0

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Hello chaps, as all of us I’ve been looking at the flight test Jenny looks like a pretty fun airplane but I’m way too cheap to buy one. Do they offer plans or does anybody know where I can find them?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hello chaps, as all of us I’ve been looking at the flight test Jenny looks like a pretty fun airplane but I’m way too cheap to buy one. Do they offer plans or does anybody know where I can find them?
if they do itll be for ftca, you have to buy a membership and then buy the plans

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Are you serious?! They didn’t used to cost money and I didn’t have to use to buy a membership. What happened to these guys?
Try this one by @Tench745 - I've built one and it's a good flier and a nice set of plans.

Tench745

Master member
Try this one by @Tench745 - I've built one and it's a good flier and a nice set of plans.
Thanks for the shoutout, Mr NCT!
The Jenny has always been a favorite of mine. I was tickled to see that the FT Jenny had the same flight characteristics as my own; wants significant nose weight, needs a surprising amount of down-thrust, extremely light and floaty, getting off the ground at barely a walking pace, turns require rudder, etc.
From what my mk1 eyeball tells me, the FT Jenny fudged a number of scale details in an effort to improve flight characteristics, but I'm not sure it was particularly successful.
I am a big fan of their use of laser cut ribs/struts for strength/rigidity reasons. This was a feature I wanted to include in my own design, but decided it would be too complex for most scratch builders. I opted to go with foam ribs/struts with a BBQ skewer inserted along the leading edge of the struts for strength.

Off-topic jes

Elite member
Thanks for the shoutout, Mr NCT!
The Jenny has always been a favorite of mine. I was tickled to see that the FT Jenny had the same flight characteristics as my own; wants significant nose weight, needs a surprising amount of down-thrust, extremely light and floaty, getting off the ground at barely a walking pace, turns require rudder, etc.
From what my mk1 eyeball tells me, the FT Jenny fudged a number of scale details in an effort to improve flight characteristics, but I'm not sure it was particularly successful.
I am a big fan of their use of laser cut ribs/struts for strength/rigidity reasons. This was a feature I wanted to include in my own design, but decided it would be too complex for most scratch builders. I opted to go with foam ribs/struts with a BBQ skewer inserted along the leading edge of the struts for strength.
Oh hey there I didn’t realize you designed these plans. I’m gonna be building this later this week. I’ve always been a fan of the jenny as well. Thank you for making free plans. I thought it was crazy that flight test wasn’t offering free plans for this anymore. their kits are getting so expensive just a year ago I could get one at an Affordable price