What did you crash today

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I ripped the nose off of my tundra this weekend after a parachute drop. I was flying lower and turning and got distracted by a balloon behind my parachute. When I looked back I was nose down about 15ft up. This was the 3rd hard crash for the plane and the first that caused damage. It will fly again but the nose is pretty tweaked.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I resemble this remark!

I resemble this remark, especially with planks!
CrashMeme.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

HilldaFlyer

Ouch !
Probably won't buff out... but looks like the crash was spectacular. That would have been one to witness.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh Oh Someone did not follow that whole "DON'T lead with your face" rule. Looks like you did a great job on the wings though as they did not lurch forward on impact and split from the Fuselage like I have done in the past.

Liam B

Ouch !
Probably won't buff out... but looks like the crash was spectacular. That would have been one to witness.

Yeah, it was loud! Nobody took a video of it, but I can remember it. It went down right in the FPV line and Chris told me to grab it quick before the race started. It proved to be hard, given that it was 120" wingspan.

dengar256

On the weekend I wanted to "stretch" my wings for the first time this season. I grabbed my FT explorer with it's new training wing I built this winter. First flight went well however it felt a little nose heavy. I landed made some adjustments and launched again. Flew much better and when the timer went off I came in for a landing. Important to note I am flying in my back field behind my house. Being lazy I did not climb over the page wire fence but launched in over the fence. Being my second flight in six months I thought I would show off a little and land it at my feet so I could just reach over the fence and pick it up. Lined it up came in perfectly, miss judged the distance the wings needed from the fence, and my nice new pristine wing clips the fence and spines the plane into the fence. My wing now has 2 one inch square chunks missing in the leading edge.

HilldaFlyer

On the weekend I wanted to "stretch" my wings for the first time this season. I grabbed my FT explorer with it's new training wing I built this winter. First flight went well however it felt a little nose heavy. I landed made some adjustments and launched again. Flew much better and when the timer went off I came in for a landing. Important to note I am flying in my back field behind my house. Being lazy I did not climb over the page wire fence but launched in over the fence. Being my second flight in six months I thought I would show off a little and land it at my feet so I could just reach over the fence and pick it up. Lined it up came in perfectly, miss judged the distance the wings needed from the fence, and my nice new pristine wing clips the fence and spines the plane into the fence. My wing now has 2 one inch square chunks missing in the leading edge.

I'd imagine that can be repaired... or just cut chunks out from the other side to even it up. ;)

dengar256

They are at the very tips so they might not effect the flight. The crash may have been subconscious. I had built the new wing for two reasons. First I am teaching my boys how to fly and the original wing had an encounter with a few trees and a couple of fences last year and was pretty beat up. Second I wanted a slow gentle night flyer to play around with in the back yard. My soldering skills are still "in progress" and it took me awhile to get the 4 LED strips connected. I tested them many times before I closed up the wing and after. Everything was good. Last week we had a beautiful evening and I thought time to get out the wing and give it a go. Plugged in the lights and only one LED strip lite up. Fortunately my kids were in bed and did not hear my reaction. In frustration I turned to my wife and said "that's it I am taking this wing out and crashing it on the first flight so I can start again".

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I almost got the roll completed on the QX2. These little guys lack a bit in the punch the throttle department.
IMG_1484.JPG

pinakoza

My second flight with FT Explorer today ended crashing in trees,,, and then falling down to earth :).
Damage: Boom broke, and prop adapter conical nut got lost somewhere in grass.