What's in your flight box.

10-Ring

I've been out of the hobby since 1985. A lot has changed since then. I'm going to come back in flying electric, but I have a lot to learn. Now, back in the day, we carried a LOT of stuff in our flight boxes. Batteries for the glow plugs, batteries for the starter, fuel, specialty tools, accessories, props, ect..... Electric looks like it's a lot more simple, but looks can be deceiving. I would love to see an episode on what every pilot should have in his (or her) flight box. From basic to ridiculous.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
BASIC
The plane
The transmitter
Extra flight batteries
Life IS a lot easyer with electric. 30 seconds from arrival to the field to being in the air. Same time to disconnect and be ready for next duty.
bild3B.JPG

RIDICULOUS
ake140424-01.JPG

Last edited:

Tactical Ex

There really isn't much you need on the field besides a few minor replacement parts and some tools. I bring EVERYTHING I own related to RC when I go flying and it fits in a backpack (besides the planes of course). I've only been in the hobby for about 6 months so I have not accumulated that much but some things I have regretted not having in the past were ...

Spare motor shafts
propellers
prop collet adaptors
T wrench set
hammer
electrical tape

other than that life was pretty easy on the field.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Ahhh the joys of slopesoaring, where one battery will last you hours!

Radio
Plane
Battery
Screwdriver
Anemometer
Sandwich
Bottle of water
MP3 player
Hiking boots
Backpack
... you get the idea...:eek:

Last edited:

Freaky_1

old headcase
Throw in some iced tea and you have my idea of the perfect afternoon even though I am just now getting into sloping and don't even have a sloper of my own yet. Was sloping an old scratch built mutt of a glider till some idjet named Frank used a rx he knew had issues and watched it fly free along the side of a mountain till it was out of view. Made that critter in the early 80s and yikes do I miss it, but that was one beautiful flight.

My flight box is a minivan with 3 small toolboxes filled with assorted tools, 2 lipo bags, a dedicated charger (never used inside the vehicle), some "canned air", a snap blade box knife, several different types and sizes of tape, a bunch of rubber bands, an empty hole that once held a fuel jug, another that held a starter and battery, a bunch of props that are useless for ep but often help other flyers out and plenty room to start adding ep goodies. Planning a backpack designed to hold a breakdown sloper that doesn't yet exist and 52" sectional ep slow flyer that's about half designed. May be adding a multirotor for filming to that list eventually.