F15e

Plane F15e 2023-08-25

Please log in to download
Type
Build Plan (PDF, AI, etc.)
this is my f15 that i designed for a 64mm edf or a 2207 motor (if using a 2205 id recommend scaling it down a little). this plane flew amazing. with the setup that i had (4s lipo, 40amp esc, 2207 2750kv motor) it was amazing at slow speed and just floated on the air, and still had a decent bit of speed to it, but, at this size it is by no means supposed to be a speedy flier, if you want speed, scale it down. As of now, only one has ever flown, so it is by no means perfect. eventually when i free up some more electronics or purchase an edf i will update this will pictures and instructions on how to build as well as more pics of the plane itself. but be aware, when i first built this, i didnt make sure the motor was in line with the wings so i had thrust issue where when you add throttle the plane pitches down, i fixed it by simply bending it into what i thought was straight. however, shortly after (before i finished the plans) the plane crashed due to me messing with airbrakes and i have no idea what the correct thrust angle is. it SHOULD be straight, but if you build it and find that that is not correct, please let me know what it actually is so i can incorporate that into the plans. however, it still flew.
This plane has not been tested on an edf as of now.

Note, this is not a beginner build, mainly because of the lack of instruction but also because it doesnt use the standard flite test fold method.

Almost every score cut line (red) needs to be a 30 degree double bevel or can also be very steep single bevel (ive done both, both work just fine). the way this plane builds is: you bevel, then force the foam to bend past 90 degrees (as you would for a standard ft wing) and then hold it for about a min or so, then go back and glue it making sure to hold it until the glue dries or it will not hold in the correct spot. use you own judgment as to what lines need beveled. if it looks like its a bevel, it probably is.

Do not glue in the nacelles until all your other electronics are in so that you can route all of the wires through the nacelles and into the fuse. this makes the wiring MUCH easier.

the piece that goes next to the wing and on top of the plane that makes it look nice can be built either as posterboard or foamboard. (the pic i have is with foam) ive done both on similar planes, both work fine. posterboard is a little harder to get it to stay in the right place, but require no beveling of foam, so just choose which ever youre comfortable with.

to mount the motor, i included the stl file of the motor mount i designed, i have built similar planes with a standard power pod, and this one could be as well, but it isnt ideal. so if you have a 3d printer, print it.

for this build id recommend doing a pusher prop and not a prop n slot in order to get the correct cg

the nose can mount on a variety of ways, ive done magnets and skewers, and a 3d printed nose clip part that is invisible from the outside. this is the recommended way to do it but all ways work. (i included the stl files to that too)

the control surfaces are made for elevons, it can be built with full moving (i included a pic of how i did mine on my MiG, but its the same for this) or normal flite test elevators. if doing the later method, be sure to get a lot of elevator surface and throw, it needs it. use 9g servos because this is a fairly large plane

A good bit of foambaord building knowledge is REQUIRED for this build. however, if you go slow and take your time, youll be fine.

Cg is aprox. 90mm back from the leading edge of the wing

Have fun building and flying and let me know if yall have any suggestions on how it can be made better!
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-24 at 20.37.58.jpg
3.jpg

this pic ^ is not of an f15 but a MiG 29, however the full moving stabs are the same on both
Author
cjhagemeyer
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Latest reviews

Amazing design way to go!!!!!!!!!!!