3d beast help please 💔

Dakotaunknown90

Good morning everyone i hope you all are having a wonderful day and thank for taking time to see if u can give me any advice I purchased a 2nd hand umx 3d beast as new pilots do I crashed and was advice from my local hobbytown to use ca glue to fix my broken nose since the moddel has been discontinued and I had no other choice of fixing it i did as instructed and woke up this morning to this meleting wonderful of a mess I could sit here and bash the hell out of the kid who sold me the ca glue and or hobbytown usa and there wonderful practices but what I'm looking for is what can I put the electrics in ... I was very happy with the way the beast flew and it's size and I just want to get back into the air and Continue enjoying The amazing hobby that is RC aviation. Thank you all for your help and advice

Attachments

• 20231112_093345.jpg
    20231112_093345.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231112_093400.jpg
    20231112_093400.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
If you peel one side off of dollar tree foam board you can curve it. You can then cut a simple circle to help the foam board hold its shape. I would also, recommend using hot glue as the adhesive. If you watch some of a FT master series build video, It could help you get an idea of how to do this. Another technique that might look better, is carving a new cowl from insulation foam, although I have not tried this before. another thing to keep in mind when doing the repairs is to make sure the motor has the same thrust angle that it had before the crash.

Dakotaunknown90

If you peel one side off of dollar tree foam board you can curve it. You can then cut a simple circle to help the foam board hold its shape. I would also, recommend using hot glue as the adhesive. If you watch some of a FT master series build video, It could help you get an idea of how to do this. Another technique that might look better, is carving a new cowl from insulation foam, although I have not tried this before. another thing to keep in mind when doing the repairs is to make sure the motor has the same thrust angle that it had before the crash.
If I'm unable to make a new cowl is it possible to buy another umx haul such as the timber and or other options ??? .......and just use my electronics from the beast or would that not work I'm interested in learning building and repairs but really just want to get back into the sky asap and would prefer to tackel building with someone next to me with a bit more knowledge then my own I just generally learn better one on one vs trying to follow along to a video though i will definitely check them out Thank you again for trying to answer my questions

Last edited:
If I'm unable to make a new cowl is it possible to buy another umx haul such as the timber and or other options ??? .......and just use my electronics from the beast or would that not work I'm interested in learning building and repairs but really just want to get back into the sky asap and would prefer to tackel building with someone next to me with a bit more knowledge then my own I just generally learn better one on one vs trying to follow along to a video though i will definitely check them out Thank you again for trying to answer my questions
The cowl is not a necessary piece on many small RC planes, and is mostly for looks. the electronics that come with the turbo timber, and other newer UMX aircraft are different than in the UMX beast. I expect it will be easier to simply build a new cowl than to attempt to swap the parts. I am happy to answer any other questions you have.

skymaster

Elite member
would it be possible to glue it together this time with foam safe glue. and then watch the corsair master series video download the the plans and scarle the cowl to cover and fit over the messed up nose. just an idea.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-13 222038.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-13 222038.png
    521.5 KB · Views: 0